42

"What do you need, Addison?" My lawyer asks, sitting down in front of me. I slide my phone towards her, making her look at it. "Who's the kid?"

"My kid." She looked at me, shock covering her face. "Ashlyn. It's Ashlyn."

"But you said-"

"I know what I said, alright? Look, that text came in on Tuesday. I need you to see if you can find her."

"If she's not in the system, it's going to be hard."

"I know it is. I just need to know if it's who Ryan says it is."

"Before you make any rash decisions?"

"Too late for that." I mumble. She sighs.

"I'll give it to one of my friends, okay? Just wait a couple days and I'll get back to you."

--

My lawyer's friend finally got back to me. He said he didn't know because no trace of the girl was in the system. I asked him to run Ryan's picture and he got a trace all over. He's been real busy since I shot him.

I walked through the basement, approaching her chambers. I pushed open her door, making her slowly look at me. A ghost of a smile was on her face. She raised an eyebrow.

"If it isn't the boss." She says, in a mocking tone. I grabbed her hair, making her whimper out in pain.

"I need the password." I grit out. She laughs, but quickly stops when I hold on tighter.

"You already know how to get it. Fight me." I closed my eyes. I let go of her hair and she slowly stands up. She watched as I had an internal battle with myself. I opened my eyes.

"Fine." She tensed up and her mouth fell open. "I'll fight. I already know what happens if I win or if you win."

"Y- what?" She says, confused.

"I'll fight you. I make the rules, you follow them. Better get ready, Adriana." I whisper, my voice angry. She tensed up and started shaking. "I'll see you later. Better start training."

I leave the chamber, walking back up to my office. The word was already spread. I know the guards went and told Elijah and all of them. I didn't care.

I walked towards the door, a glint in my eyes.

"You're really fighting her?" John asks, making me look at him. I stopped walking. "You have a death wish, don't you?"

"I have my reasons. You don't need to know why I'm doing what I'm doing."

"You want her to kill you."

"No. Like I just said, you don't need to know the reasons behind the things I do. Know your place or go back to Chicago."

"I'm just trying to help you."

"Well I don't need your help anymore. You did what I wanted you to do now it's my turn to do what I want to do."

"But you want her to kill you." I let out a breath.

"Fine. Let her kill me, John. I don't care anymore. I'm doing what I think is going to help me. Now leave me the hell alone. I have a fight to get trained for." I say, smirking. I continued walking and left.

Oo, the next chapter will be the fight scene. Thank you guys so much for 22k reads!