CHAPTER 38: THE DARKNESS CREEPS IN

Sky's pov:

1 WEEK LATER

I open my eyes to see the damp, dark walls I've seen every day for a week now. How I wish this was all a dream and the next time I open my eyes Hunter will be in front of me and we will be in our room talking about our baby, but that dream gets shattered every time I hear the footsteps coming down the stairs.

"Oh, you're awake. That's good." I hear him say as he sits in the chair next to my bed.

"What do you want this time?" I ask as I sit up.

Yes, he gave me a bed, but it's old and rusty and the mattress is old and smelly and the springs are sticking out and all I have for warmth is this thin and itchy blanket. But I guess it's better than nothing, so I can't really complain.

"Well, I just wanted you to know that my men have come back from spreading your scent around so your 'mate' will find it very hard trying to find you." He tells me, with a smile on his face. "That means you will be able to go outside for a short stroll, but you should know that you will never be alone."

How were they able to spread my scent around you ask, well it's because after they oh so kindly knocked me out and put me inside a van, I woke up a couple of hours later and got told to change out of my wedding dress and into these disgusting scented clothes. Then they took my dress and tore it up into pieces and each rogue took a piece of clothing and ran away in all directions, while the clothes I was wearing covered my scent completely. I guess they didn't want to take any chances though and soon after that the piece of cloth was placed over my mouth and darkness soon found me once again.

Every time I would gain even the slight bit of strength to wake up, they would place the cloth over my mouth again, so right now I have no idea as to where I am. This past week I have been resting trying to gain my strength back, but it took longer than I thought it would.

"He will still be able to find me." I tell him, as I realise I still haven't responded to him yet.

"Oh, really? And how will he be able to do that?" He asks.

"He is my mate, he will find me no matter what you try to do." I tell him, looking him in the eye.

"I hoped you would say that." He says, with this wicked smile on his face before he calls someone else into the room. The man who was just called into the room comes in carrying something.

"Is it ready?" He asks and the other man nods to reply.

"Good." He says and then he whistles a tune and a group of men come in and walk towards me.

Now I'm scared.

I'm not as strong as I used to be and Star isn't as responsive as she used to be either, so if I have to fight, I'm not sure if I will be able to win and survive.

The men push me down onto the bed and hold me down as I stare at the man who goes over to open whatever the other man brought in. 'Oh, how I need to learn these men's names.' I get more nervous when I see the man return with a needle in his hand. I don't know what it can do but now I'm pregnant I have to make sure my baby will be okay.

I try to push the men away but because of not eating, drinking or sleeping properly the past week and because of how much they drugged me, my body is too weak. I need to use what strength I have to protect my child.

The man walks up to my bed again and stops next to it, closer to where my head lays this time though. He grabs my chin and turns my head to the side and before I know it the needle is in my beck and into my mark.

I feel it as the liquid gets injected into my body and that's when the burning starts. I scream and beg for it to stop but it never does. I feel my body getting weaker and that's when I notice my link to the pack and my mate disappearing. I try to keep hold of it but then Star says something that changes my mind.

'If you try to keep hold of the link to our pack and mate, I won't have the strength to protect out pup.'

And without a second thought, I let go of the link and use whatever strength I have to protect our baby from whatever that crazy man has put inside my body.

'He will still find us. I know he will.' I tell Star as the darkness once again creeps in.

Maybe the darkness isn't as bad as I though it was, it kinda peaceful...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Let me know what you think.

F.S