CHAPTER 53: WHOLE LOT OF WEREWOLVES

Sky's pov:

Before setting off home, we say our last goodbyes to everyone who is not coming with us. Some of the rogues, lone wolves and pack members who lost their packs have chosen not to come back with us, they want their freedom, which is understandable after everything they've been through.

We have made sure they know that they will always be welcome into our pack if they ever decide to change their mind, which they were grateful for.

Some wolves want to put their pack members remains to peace and make sure that no one is left on their pack lands before they will join us. So, I guess for some, we are only saying goodbye for now, but we will see each other soon.

When I give my last hug and say my last goodbye, I turn to find my mate. I see him holding our daughter, leaning against a tree, slowly stroking her face.

'Oh, how I wish I could capture this moment on my phone.'

"Don't worry, I got you." I hear from beside me.

I turn to see who it was and motive James holding his phone, admiring the pictures he just took.

"Thank you."

"There's no need to thank me, I'm her uncle and his best friend. It's part of the job description." James tells me.

"Yeah, that's true." I respond with, causing us both to laugh.

I give him a hug before walking towards my mate and child.

"She's beautiful, isn't she?" I ask, already knowing the answer.

"Yes, but not as beautiful as her mother." Hunter responds with, making me laugh and give him a kiss, grateful to have him beside me again.

"Let's go home, yeah?" I whisper against his lips.

"Yeah, let's go home."

~~~~~~~~~
TIME SKIP
~~~~~~~~~

We finally made it back home, only to find the whole pack waiting for us. They had set up medical sections, food and drink lined up on rows of tables with peaceful and calming music playing. They had no idea on how we would come back to them so I guess they got everything ready for all occasions.

They welcome us back with open arms, even those unknown to them, and that's when I knew it. I'm finally home.

With all my family, friends and pack members. I'm home.

Hours later, once everyone has been seen and checked over and the atmosphere has calmed down, we were able to sort everything out, including giving the pack members we lost a proper funeral.

We promised to introduce our daughter to everyone tomorrow before we head to bed. We've set up a cot that we borrowed form the packs nursery for tonight and put our baby to sleep before we get ready for bed ourselves.

Laying in our bed, next to my mate, feels like a dream. I dream I never want to wake up from.

"This is real, isn't it?" I whisper, hearing my voice crack from the fear that this is all going to disappear once I wake up.

"Yeah, it's real. I'm here." Hunter replies, holding me in his arms.

"I can't tell if it's real or a dream though." I tell him.

"There's one way I can show you that it's real." He says.

"How?" I ask.

"Will you let me mark you again?"

"There's no need to ask, I'm all yours..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(This is Rosabella and how I pictured her eye colour to be

(This is Rosabella and how I pictured her eye colour to be.)

Let me know what you think.

F.S