CHAPTER 4: FINDING AMELIA

Sky's pov:

I have been running after this girl for about 5-10 minutes now. I thought it would only take a few minutes, but dammit she is fast, and she keeps on hiding everywhere. After a couple more minutes I caught up to her and grabbed her arm, gently, of course, bringing her to a stop.

"I swear I didn't mean to do anything wrong; I just want to go home!" The little girl shouts, almost crying. She didn't look any older than 10 years old.

"How old are you?" I ask in a very quiet voice, I'm surprised she even hears me.

"I'm 8. Ummm..... why are you not hurting me?" The little girl asks, looking up at me with confused and nervous eyes.

"Why would I hurt you?" I ask a bit louder now because I am shocked and completely confused on why she would even think that I would do anything to her, especially hurt her.

"This is your land, and I am here without permission. Shouldn't I get punished for that?" The little girl asks.

I didn't focus on what she was saying as I was thinking of how I can't keep calling her little girl, so I ask for her name.

"My name is Amelia Knight."

"Well Amelia, what are you doing here?" I ask, not even realising that my voice is slowly getting louder and steadier the more I talk.

"I was playing with my brother when these two big men grabbed me and put me in a truck, van thingy. It was bumpy, and the doors unlocked, I kicked them open and jumped out. I didn't realise how long I was in that van thingy for until then." Amelia says, looking down.

I crouched down in front of her and lifted her head up, by her chin, so I could look into her eyes.

"Don't worry, I will get you back to your brother. You just have to trust me. Let's make a deal," I said putting my hand between us, "you trust me, and I will get you to your brother. Deal or no deal?"

I don't know why but there is something about her that makes me want to help her, and there is something about her that makes me feel much happier than I do now, and I'm not sure how I feel about that.

She smiled and shook my hand. She reminds me of a kid on Christmas morning with how big her smile is. I place her hand in mine and give it a squeeze. I then start to walk back to Jacob and shadow with Amelia beside me. When I can see Jacob, I see him looking around with a face full of worry. When he sees me, he calms down, but a few seconds later he looks very angry.

"WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN? I HAVE BEEN WORRIED SICK! YOU CAN'T JUST RUN OFF LIKE THAT! I HAD NO IDEA WHERE YOU WERE OR IF YOU WERE HURT!" Jacob screams, looking very angry, but I could see in his eyes that he was very worried and scared that he couldn't find me. I was about to go up to him, hug him and tell him everything, but Amelia beats me to it and responds first.

"It wasn't her fault. She ran after me."

"Who are you?" Jacob asks, becoming very confused very quickly.

"I'm Amelia and I'm 8." Amelia stated proudly.

"And I'm going to get her home." I said confidently.

"You just spoke, like in a normal voice. Or am I going crazy?" Jacob stares at me like he has just seen a ghost.

"Yes, I am speaking normally. I don't know why but there is something about this little one that makes me feel like I need to be strong and brave and help her no matter what. I don't know why but if it is going to help me get better then I'm all for it. " I tell him pulling faces at Amelia trying to get her to laugh, which I succeed in doing.

Hearing her laugh lets me know that no matter what is going to happen it is all going to be worth it.

Whether it is really good or really bad, or maybe a bit of both it's going to be worth it, I just know it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kylie Riggers as Amelia up top.

Let me know what you think.

F.S.