CHAPTER 28: UNDERSTANDING (PART 2)

Sky's pov:

2 ½ MONTHS LATER

It has been almost three months now and he still hasn't shown up and I'm done. I'm not going to wait until I'm grey and old to realise that I'm wasting my life with my mate for a psycho who may or may not even show up. This life may be different, I've already met my mate and that's never happened before and I've also got to know him so maybe my crazy psycho mate killer may have already died. I know it's a big maybe, but it's one I hoping for.

Hunter's pov:

It's been almost three months since me and Sky agreed to wait a bit longer for this crazy guy to appear, but I can't wait any longer. I want my mate, I want  Sky. I want to start my life with her. So today I'm going to ask Sky if she wants to ignore all the odds and start living as my mate. I know that she might be scared of what could happen but I will make sure she understands that she's my future and nothing will change that, especially not a psycho killer that may or may not be coming after me.

Sky's pov:

I'm now in mine and Hunters room talking to Abigal, who is soon becoming my sister-in-law as two weeks ago Jacob, my brother, asked her to marry him and she said yes, and I'm also talking to Chloe, who has become a very close friend of mine when Abigal drops the news.

"So, Sky what do you think of being an auntie?"

"WHAT!!!!"

"Yeah I found out about a week ago, I'm not sure how to tell Jacob yet, I'm worried if having a child now is too early for us as we only just got engaged." She tells us.

"Girl, my brother loves you and he is going to love your child just as much. Ahhh I can't wait to hold the little one. Do you know how far along you are?" I ask her.

"No, I've only brought a load of pregnancy tests and when I say load I mean maybe 14. I had to make sure it was correct though, I just couldn't believe it as we were being careful but you know what they say, even that 1% can get you, preggos. I don't mind it though, I'm so excited. I can't wait to be a mother." She tells us with a smile on her face.

"Well, at least you know for certain now anyway. We can help you come up with ideas on how to tell my brother if you want?"

"No, it is fine. I've got an idea of how to do it, but if it doesn't go as planned then I will ask for help. What did you want to talk to us about anyway?" Abigal asks.

"Yeah, are you okay?" Chloe asks, from where she is sitting on the floor, next to her daughter Ella (who is 4 years old), who is playing with Amelia.

"Yeah, I'm all good, it is just that I'm tired of waiting for this psyco to show up, I want to start living my life with Hunter. When I see you, girls, with your mate I want that so bad. I want to be able to hug him in front of everyone and go to him when I'm feeling down and be able to just sit and talk for hours about anything and everything without everyone thinking it's weird for us to be doing that. But I don't know if Hunter wants the same thing like I know he wants to be my mate but I don't know if he's willing to be put in harm's way because of it." I tell them.

"You should just go for it." Abigail says.

"Tonight, just go to his room and tell him everything you've told us and don't take no for an answer. You can seduce him if you want. Tease him until he surrenders." Chloe says, but then looks up at us and sees my face of confusion and starts laughing. "I forgot this is your first relationship."

"Hey, don't joke about that. I'm learning more about relationships as we progress. I like taking my time, thank you very much."

"I know, I was just joking. But you should just tell him how you feel and work from that and see what happens."

"Yeah, I will do that, thanks girlies. I don't know what I would do without you." I say.

Hunter's pov:

I have called Jacob, Scott, James and Trevor to my office to see what they think I should do and how I should go about it. When they enter the room, I start to get more nervous. Wait, why am I nervous, I haven't done anything wrong, have I???

'Oh stop questioning yourself Hunter, this is how people go crazy.'

I quickly stop talking to myself when James clears his throat asking me why they were all called to my office.

"Well, I wanted your opinions on something." I start by saying.

"Okay....." Scott says.

"So I want to tell everyone that Sky is my mate...." I tell them.

"But didn't you tell us that we couldn't tell anyone about you guys being mates because it could put you both and this whole pack in danger from that crazy,  psyco, killer, man, thing, or whatever the hell he is." Jacob says.

"Yeah, but he hasn't turned up yet and no one knows when he will. I don't want to keep wasting the time I have now with Sky over a man that may or may not even come for us." I tell them.

"That's understandable, sorta. Sorry, it's just because I don't have my mate yet so I can't really understand what you're feeling but all I've got to say is, do what feels right. If waiting feels more right then do that and if not well then go and tell the world that you've found your mate and that she is Sky. You are our alpha, I believe that you will do what you know is the right thing for everyone." James tells me.

I nod along with everyone, digesting all that he has said and thinking about what feels right.

"And you know, even if that man does appear you have a whole pack and all of us here to make sure that both of you are safe. We are a pack, we've got each other's backs. For now and for always." Scott says.

I smile towards them all, grateful that I have these men in my life that help me see the bigger picture and help me realise that making tough decisions isn't as hard as I thought it would be.

~~~~~~~

Chloe's and Trevor's little girl, Ella is at the top. Kennedi Clements is playing as Ella.

Let me know what you think.

F.S