CHAPTER 55: THE TRUTH OF THE PAST

Sky's pov:

Once everyone had a cuddle with Rosabella, she started to wiggle about, getting hungry and tired.

Me and Hunter take her up to feed her and put her down for a nap. Once she's fed and asleep I turn to Hunter and tell him I have to speak to Jacob and asked him to send Jacob a message to come upstairs.

So here I am, waiting anxiously for Jacob to arrive, sitting on the bed once Hunter left to give us a bit of privacy. I hear a knock on the door and tell him to come in.

"Hey, sis. What's up?" Jacob asks, looking worried.

"When I was taken, I was told some stuff before I forgot everything and I think it's something you should know as well. I'm just not sure how you react to it." I tell him, worried that he might hate me after I finish telling him everything.

"What is it?"

"When I was born, news of a white lycan with blue eyes spread like wildfire and Drevon got news of it pretty quickly. My birth parents gave me up to your parents and tried to get people off my track, but he still found me and he was the one that caused the fire that killed our... your parents." I pause for a second to see how he is reacting so far to the information I have given him and notice that he has moved to sit beside me now and isn't showing any emotion on his face so I decide to carry on.

"He was also the one that started the fire that almost got you killed."

Jacob doesn't say anything for a while, so we sit in silence.

"What happened to your birth parents? You skipped over that part." I hear Jacob say.

"They died. They died protecting me." I tell him, finally letting the tears I've been holding in all this time fall.

Jacob hugs me tightly, giving me more comfort then I thought it would.

"It's not your fault. I dont want you to think I would ever blame you for any of that. It was not your fault. You are innocent to all of it, he was the monster that is to blame." Jacob tells me, hugging me even tighter.

"Thank you." I didn't know that was what I needed to hear before all this pressure finally lifted off my chest, making it easier for me to breath and move on.

After a while, once we have stopped crying and Rosabella has woken up again from her nap, I feed her and we all go downstairs together.

Once we enter the room, everyone could tell we had cried, but no one said anything, which was good as explaining all that again wasn't on the to do list for today.

Jacob walked up to Abigal and the twins who also fell asleep and I turned to Hubter and walked into his arms that he held open for me.

"I've got something to show you. Come with me." Hunter whispers in my ear.

"Okay." I whisper back as I follow him out of the room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Let me know what you think.

F.S