CHAPTER 7: MEETING HUNTER

Sky's pov:

(Before Hunter finds them)

Jacob stops the car and pulls the keys from the ignition. He then looks towards both Amelia and me and tells us it's time to go. He opens his door and gets out, heading to the boot to get the bags. I look to the back of the car where Amelia is sat.

"It's time to get you home. Are you excited?" I ask her.

"I am excited, but I am also sad. I mean it is great going home but I am also going to miss you and Jacob, so much. I'm going to miss all the time we spent together just doing nothing as well as the amazing and funny things we did together. Like the time when Jacob was sleeping and we painted his nails, then covered his face in make-up and after that, we wrote 'I'm a princess' across his forehead with permanent ink. When his boss came round to question why he needed so many days off and saw it and then questioned him all he did was point at me and when Jacob's boss saw my smile all he did was laugh and walk away. Do you remember?" Amelia asks me, trying to hide the chuckle that came with remembering that story.

"Yeah, I remember. I promise that we will stay in contact, okay. Now out you get, time to get you home." I promise her and help her step out of the car after I get out myself.

I walk up to Jacob and ask if I could help with anything. He gives me the backpack with the food and drinks, then he suddenly stops and slowly turns around to face me.

"What did you do?" I ask.

"It's more like what I didn't do," he says, chuckling under his breath. I raise my eyebrow at him and wait for him to continue. "I may or may not have forgotten to put the bag with the map and compass in the car."

I stare at him for about a minute and then close my eyes and count down from ten.

When I open my eyes, I ask, "What are we supposed to do, now? We can't just walk around; these woods go on for miles!"

"I can help with that." Amelia says.

"How?" I ask.

"I know these woods like I know how to raid a freezer for chocolate ice cream. And that's VERY well." Amelia says, chuckling at the end of her sentence like it's a joke that only she knows.

1 HOUR LATER

We have been walking for about an hour now and I believe we are lost, but Jacob seems to have faith in Amelia. I think he is only siding with her so if she gets it wrong he won't be the only one getting in trouble, but he still will be because it's his fault for forgetting the compass and map when I reminded him so many times as well. We look to our left when we begin to hear twigs snapping and birds flapping their wings and flying away.

I place Amelia behind me, while Jacob stands half in front of me and the other half of him is trying to fully cover Amelia.

Whatever stepped out of the trees was nothing I thought it would be. It has wolf-like features, but it is standing on its two back legs and it is walking around like it owns the place. I let out a quick scream, not from fear but shock, and then pulled Amelia further into my back.

"Let me go, it's okay." Amelia says to both me and Jacob.

I let her go, thinking she was going to be a normal little girl and stay away from the wolfish beast-like creature, but as it appears I was wrong. I'm quick to react and grab her arm and pull her back towards us and away from the wolfish beast.

The eyes of the beast were quick to find mine. Its eyes were the colour of gold. They are beautiful. My thoughts were cut off by the beast's growl. The growl was so loud I thought I became deaf. The wolf-like beast moves into another position, looking like it was getting ready to fight.

Oh, great! You know if someone asked me this morning how I thought I would die I would say of old age, not by being eaten by some wolfish beast-like thing that reminds me of Adam, from 'Beauty and the Beast', my favourite Disney movie ever.

My thoughts were once again interrupted by Amelia pushing away from both Jacob and me and run to the beast. She stops a few steps in front of it and then crosses her arms over her chest.

I'm confused, isn't the beast supposed to try and hurt or even kill her, not that I want it to. I get even more confused when Amelia starts speaking to the beast-like it understands and is able to respond.

I am basically dying of confusing questions when the beast runs off, but what surprises me is that a man comes back, instead of the beast. The man and Amelia start to speak quietly, so I begin to look at the man, he has similar features to Amelia.

Amelia has blond hair with Hazel eyes. However, the random stranger, who's am guessing is her brother, has black hair and brown eyes. Although they don't have the same hair or eye colour, they have very similar facial features and structures. I'm guessing one of them looks like their mother, while the other one looks like their father.

Amelia's brother stands and lookup looking like he was going to say something, but before he can his eyes catch mine and it's like there is some sort of hold and I can't move. It becomes weird when I don't want to move, I feel like he is made just for me and that he will keep me safe and protected. We break eye contact when Amelia pulls on his arm.

I look up at Jacob and see his eyebrows in the form of a frown when his eyes keep on moving between me and the mystery man. Oh, great! The overprotective big brother is coming out. I am never going to be able to live this down. My thoughts are once again broken, but this time by the mystery man.

"I'm sorry for what happened. Let me introduce myself. I am Hunter Knight. I have to say thank you for bringing home my little sister." Hunter tells us, bowing his head slightly.

"It's okay, she was no problem. It was a pleasure meeting and having her stay with us. And I hope we can meet again, someday." I say, with tears in my eyes.

"Stay for dinner, please. It would be like a 'goodbye' or even better, an 'until next time' dinner. Pretty please, oh and a cherry on top." Amelia begs.

I look towards Jacob for an answer.

"Sure, why not?" He says, shrugging his shoulders.

Amelia and I both jump up and down in excitement. Amelia runs up to us and grabs one of each of our hands, pulling us towards Hunter. Hunter turns around and tells all of us to follow him when he starts walking. I'm guessing this is the way to their house. He later asks for our names.

"My name is Sky, and this is my brother, Jacob." I say.

Hunter mumbles my name under his breath a couple of times, probably thinking I couldn't hear him.

Hunter suddenly turns to me and asks, "Did your parents name you after your eyes?"

I look down towards the ground at the mention of my parents, who I haven't thought about since Amelia came into our lives.

Then I realised that I need to answer his question, "I don't know. I never thought to ask them and now I am not able to." I tell him.

"I'm sorry...." he starts to apologise, but I cut him off.

"It's okay. It wasn't your fault, so there is no need for you to apologise. Stuff happens and you just have to move on. It's called the circle of life. It can be a pain in the butt or one of the greatest adventures you have ever gone on." I tell him.

Hunter nods in reply and has a tiny smile on his face. After that, no one else talked. His silence is helping me calm down, as the atmosphere is peaceful and for some reason, as I am standing next to Hunter, I feel as if nothing could ever hurt me.

Weird, I know.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry I know I haven't updated in so long, but I have been very busy. Let me know what you think.

F.S