CHAPTER 5: READY OR NOT, HERE WE GO

Sky's pov:

3 WEEKS LATER

It has been 3 weeks since I found Amelia and we have been planning how to get her black home. I got a bird's eye view map, from Google, of where she says she lives to where we found her to mine and Jacob's house. We have been trying to find the quickest way to get her home. We are going to rent a car so we all can go and make sure she gets home safe and sound, as well as that way we won't have to carry a lot of things on our backs and in our hands. It also means using less energy and that's what is important.

All together we guess that the ride may take 2 1/2 - 3 hours depending on traffic and how many stops we need to make. It will take another hour or 2 to find Amelia's house and she said we are going to have to walk from the road up to her house as it's in the middle of a forest, just like ours, in Woodlands.

We will be leaving today and it's 10 o'clock now, so we are hoping to get Amelia home by 3 in the afternoon. That way she will be able to eat dinner with her family, for the first time in weeks. Jacob and I would hopefully be back by at least 9 - 10 at night.

"Sky, can you help me bring down my stuff!" Amelia shouted down.

I nod but then realise that she can't see me, so I start to jog up the stairs and walk over to my bedroom door. I walk into my room to see Amelia laying on her back, on my bed, playing with the necklace that her mother gave her. The duffle bag full of her clothes is next to her. Amelia refuses to sleep away from me, she claims that she feels safe around me and only me, especially when she is sleeping.

After a week and a bit, she got used to Jacob and started to trust him more, I think it took so long because of where he works all the time, and it was two men who took her from her family. I walk over to her and picked up the bag. I shake her leg then nod to the door.

"Time to go." I say to her in a whisper.

" I say to her in a whisper

(AMELIA'S OUTFIT)

She nods back and then walks out the door and down the stairs, I follow right behind her. However, she walks into the hallway to get her shoes and coat on, while I walk into the kitchen to see if Jacob is done packing the food, drinks, map and compass. As I walk through the kitchen door Jacob is zipping up his backpack that holds everything that we will need for the walk to Amelia's house.

"Done." I hear Jacob whisper to himself. He turns around and sees me, "Hey, could you put everything in the car, please. I'm just going to double-check we have everything."

(JACOB'S OUTFIT)

(JACOB'S OUTFIT)

I nod and say 'sure'. I ask for the keys and then catch them when Jacob passes them to me. I turn around, put my shoes and coat and on along with my scarf and beanie, then walk out the door to see Amelia waiting patiently by the car we have rented for two days, today and tomorrow. As we would be too tired to give it back today when we get back.

 As we would be too tired to give it back today when we get back

(SKY'S OUTFIT - JUST MIX THE TWO AND YOU GET WHAT SHE IS WEARING)

I unlock the car and open the passenger door for Amelia, she gets in while I go to the boot. I put the duffle bag with all her clothes in it then head back inside to get Jacob's backpack. When I put everything in the boot and made my way to the front seat, Jacob came out of the house in his coat, scarf and beanie. When all of us were in the car and had our seat belts on, Jacob started the car and away we go on our way to Amelia's house.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The rental car is up top.

I'm sorry it took so long to update was very busy this past week. Let me know what you think.

F.S