CHAPTER 16: LOSING HOPE

A LITTLE OVER 2 WEEKS LATER

Hunter's pov:

Sky is still comatose, but Callum says it won't be long now till she wakes up. He is still not sure what had happened to her, but everyone is glad she is getting better.

Everyone in the pack found out Sky is my mate and when she is all good and feeling for it, they want to throw her a 'welcome to the pack' party, but then I reminded them that they have to wait longer because Sky doesn't know about us yet. The pack understood but are still very excited to welcome her.

As Sky has been staying here, me and Jacob have gotten quite close, and as I can't focus that well on the pack at the moment my beta, James, and my third in command, Scott, has been and still are helping as much as they can.

Jame's sister, Abigail, is also Jacob's mate so we had to explain everything about us to him.

He took it a lot better than everyone expected. The thing he didn't take that well was when we told him I am Sky's mate, but once I explained that I would never harm Sky in any way and that I would always put her needs before my own as well as the importance of mates, he calmed somewhat down and accepted it.

Jacob and Abigail have been inseparable for almost two weeks now and even though James is quite annoyed that his sister found his mate before him, he is very happy for them both. Although he did have to question Jacob to see if he was "acceptable" and "good enough" to be with his little sister.

I get pulled out of my thoughts by Abigail walking down the corridor, carrying a basket in one hand and something else in the other, I'm not sure what.

When Abigail reaches us she goes straight to Jacob and sits on his lap. Putting the basket down, taking out a sandwich for all of us, and then she starts to unfold the thing in her other hand. I soon realised that it was two blankets, I'm guessing one for them and one for me.

When Abigail snuggles into Jacob and he instantly wraps his arms around her, keeping her close and protected, I get extremely jealous. How I wish that was Sky snuggling into me and I am the one wrapping my arms around her waist, promising her to always keep her safe.

»»»»»»»»»»»»

A few hours have passed and I am by myself in Sky's hospital room. I am holding her hand and laying my head on her bed.

"Please wake up soon, Sky. Please." I whisper, almost asleep.

Not sleeping for the past few days are finally catching up to me.

'She will get through this and when she wakes up, we will be by her side through it all.' Xander tells me.

I fall asleep with a smile on my face.

(IN THE MORNING)

I wake up to a fast beeping sound, my head snaps up and I see Sky's body shake uncontrollably and then she stills and the beeping stops. I scream for the doctor while I feel a throbbing pain in my heart.

It won't stop. Why can't the pain just stop?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gregg Sulkin as James up top.

P.S. I'm sorry it took so long to update. Been through a lot at the moment. Hopefully, I will update soon, if not I will update as soon as I can.

F.S