CHAPTER 19: DONT HATE ME BROTHER

Star's (Sky's lycan) pov:

I'm walking away from Hunter and Sky is fighting for control again, wanting to check up on Jacob.

'Why did you have to hurt Jacob anyway?' Sky asks.

'I didn't mean to. It was just a natural instinct.' I tell her.

'Please let me have control again. I want to make sure my brother is okay.'

'He is not your brother.'

'What do you mean he is not my brother?'

'Nevermind, it doesn't matter.' I give Sky control before I let something slip again.

Sky's pov:

As soon as Star gave me control, I run towards Jacob's smell, trying to find him. I soon find him in a big house, well mansion, sitting on the sofa with a girl on his lap and their arms wrapped around each other. As I move closer, I soon realised that Jacob has tears running down his face, but he's not making a sound.

"Jacob" I call to him, but it came out as barely a whisper.

I didn't realise I had started crying until I feel my tears hit my hand. I didn't think he heard me, but I know the girl on his lap did, as she turned towards me. I could tell from the look in her eyes that she doesn't like me and I'm going to guess that they are mates, the way they are holding each other proves it, as well as her protectiveness.

I'm glad my brother has found a mate. He deserves to be happy, especially after everything he has gone through. The girl on his lap whispers something in his ear and he turns towards me. His eyes are red and his cheeks are puffy.

"Sky." Jacob says, his voice breaking.

I take a step towards him and his mate jumps in front of him, blocking my view of my brother, and starts to growl under her breath at me. She probably thinks that I am going to hurt him again. I want to tell her that I am not going to ever again, I am going get better control on Star, but I can't she can easily take control again, she is too powerful.

"Abigail, it's okay." Jacob tells his mate, who I now know as Abigail, in a soothing voice.

Abigail looks towards him and stops growling, she then leans into him and puts her head into his neck and takes a deep breath, most likely taking his sent so she calms down.

"Jacob." I say, pausing for a few seconds not sure what to say. "How have you been?" As soon as I said it I realised how stupid that question is.

"How have I been? Well, I watched you ... I don't even know what happened to you at home with the fire, all I saw was you shaking and sweating on the ground with a temperature way too high to be normal and then I learn crazy things that I never thought was possible and to top it all off I find out that my sister is not human and that she is, supposedly, a lycan or something like that. So you want to know how I have been, well I have been amazing, just bloody amazing." Jacob tells me, pulling Abigail closer, without realising, most likely seeking comfort.

"Wrong question, wrong time. Got it." I whisper, but it is still loud enough for them to hear.

Before I can say anything else, Jacob asks me something, "Did you know you could shift into that wolf-like thing, I know it's not a werewolf because I have seen lots of werewolves movies and series, but you are something completely different. Or were you just as shocked as I was when you turned back into your human form?"

"I knew." I tell him, looking down guiltily.

"How long? How long have you known? How long have you lied to me?" Jacob asks, his voice getting louder at the end of his questions.

"About three months." I say, not sure if he heard me or not, but I'm guessing he did by Jacob taking a step back as if he just got pushed.

"I wanted to tell you so many times, but if I did you could have got hurt. If you knew the truth people may have come after you and I can't protect you all the time. I thought I was doing the right thing, but I now realise that I was wrong and I am sorry for that. But brother please, I'm not asking for forgiveness, I'm just asking that you don't hate me." I tell him, my voice cracking at the end.

Jacob goes around Abigal and walks up to me until he is standing in front of me. I can't look into his eyes and see hate so I look to the ground. I get confused when I feel a hand gently lift my head up, by my chin, and make sure all my hair is out of my face.

"I will always .... forgive you. You are my sister, but I need to know something. Why did you attack me?" Jacob asks me.

"I don't know. I guess maybe it was just Star's natural instincts. She was asleep and then someone forcibly woke her up, scaring her, so she attacked not really looking at who she was hurting." I tell him, not sure if what I was saying was true or not. "But I swear, I never meant to hurt you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Elle Fanning as Abigal up top.

P.S Sorry about the wait so much has happened and I didn't have the time to keep writing. But I am going to try to write more, sorry again for the wait.

F.S