CHAPTER 23: HOPE FOR ME AFTER ALL

Hunters pov:

4 DAYS LATER

I wake up to an annoying beeping noise, also known as my heartbeat. But waking up and finding myself attached to a heart monitor and IV is not surprising, well not as surprising as opening my eyes and seeing my mate resting her head on my bed as she sleeps.

I mean I'm happy she is here, but I don't know if I am dreaming or hallucinating her. I'm scared that I'm going to suddenly wake up and she is going to be no longer by my side.

I've been waiting my whole life for my mate and then finding out my mate was Sky was a whole new level of happiness, especially when Amelia would tell me all the amazing things Sky did or said when she was looking after her.

I look around me and I see that I am in my bedroom, on my bed. I then listen to see if anyone else is awake and find the whole house in complete silence. No wonder I find my little mate next to me. She thought she could sneak in and out without anyone noticing. Well, guess what sunshine, you were wrong.

I watch Sky sleep for God knows how long, but I know I woke up when the sky outside was pitch black and now the sun is up. I felt Sky's phone start to vibrate and I realise now that she set an alarm on her phone so that she would wake up before anyone else and be able to escape before anyone saw her. Guess she was wrong again.

I watch her as she sits up and stretches. She is beautiful. I'm am so lucky that she is my mate.

When Sky opens her eyes and sees me awake she tries to quickly escape, but luckily I am quicker and able to grab her arm and pull her back towards me, but I think I pulled a bit too hard because the next thing I know is that my mate is on top of me.

Before she can try to escape I roll over so she is laying on the bed underneath me. She tries to push me away, but I know that if she wanted me to move she could have moved me, she is much more powerful than me after all. Knowing that she doesn't want me to move makes me so happy, but it also makes me question why she has been pushing me away all the other times. Maybe she didn't understand the mate bond properly, anyway all I can hope for is that maybe we could give this mate thing a go after all.

After a couple of minutes of both of us in silence, I open my mouth about to start asking her questions about, well about everything, she puts her hand over my mouth and just shakes her head. I close my mouth and just look at her, trying to figure out what is going on inside her head. Maybe she will talk to me and let me get to know her and vice versa.

Maybe there is hope for me after all...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Let me know what you think.

F.S