CHAPTER 11: GOODBYE, FOR NOW

Sky's pov:

I wake up, after having the most comfortable sleep ever, to see Hunter asleep on the floor in only a pair of boxers. I squeal and cover my face but being the clumsy person I am, I fell off the bed and land right on top of him.

Hunter's pov:

I felt something land on me, but I'm too tired to care but whatever it is, it's making my wolf go crazy.

'Wake up! Wake up! Mate! Hold mate! Hold her!' That is what he kept repeating.

Without my permission, my wolf takes control and forces me to bring whatever is on top of me closer.

My eyes snap open when I hear someone squeal in my ear. What I see is shocking, but also quite exciting. I find Sky on top of me with a face as red as a tomato. I sit up and that makes Sky straddle me, I raise an eyebrow and smirk and that makes her even redder, which I didn't even think was possible till now.

"What do we have here?" I ask.

Sky lowers her head, so her hair covers her face and tries to stand up, but I hold on to her waist and make sure she doesn't move.

However, that backfires when she tries to wiggle her way out.

Sky's pov:

I try to get up, but Hunter grabs my waist and holds me down. I try to get up, but this time in a different way, by wiggling my way out.

I soon learn that that was the stupidest thing to do when you are straddling a man's lap.

I stop moving when Hunter lets out a growl. The growl has lots of similarities to the wolf-like beast. I look up at Hunter to see his eyes closed and his face scrunched up like he was in pain.

"Are you okay?" I ask.

He nods quickly, then takes a deep breath and lets it out slowly. After a few seconds, he opens his eyes and I get to see his beautiful brown eyes. As I look more closely at his eyes, I see them start to turn gold. I shake my head and close my eyes and when I open them again he has brown eyes. I was most likely imagining it.

I forget all my thoughts when Hunter leans towards me and nuzzles his head into my neck, and then take a deep breath, smelling me.

For some reason, I find comfort in him being so close to me. With that thought in mind, I push him away, with strength I didn't know I possessed and ran into the closet to get clothes and then ran into the bathroom wanting a shower before Jacob and I have to leave.

30 MINUTES LATER

I am washed, dressed and my hair is done. Looking into the bathroom mirror I decide that I look decent enough to travel. I am wearing another one of Hunter's tops and my leggings from yesterday.

I walk out of the bathroom and into Hunter's room to see him fast asleep but on the bed this time. 'Why is he so tired?' I think, then I see the clock on the nightstand. It read 07:34. Oh, that's why.

I shrug my shoulder and walk out of the room and downstairs to the living room, where Jacob still lays on the sofa, fast asleep. I walk up to him and shake his shoulder.

"Get up. We should be leaving soon. We have to give the car back today, before 2." I whisper/say to him.

Jacob groans in response but still gets up. When he opens his eyes, they widen, then he frowns at me.

"What are you wearing?" He asks me.

"Clothes, now come on. We have to say goodbye to Amelia before we leave." I tell him, already walking up the stairs to the room opposite Hunter's.

I walk in and see Amelia cuddling a stuffed wolf. The wolf is white with electric blue eyes. For some reason, I feel amazing that she is holding the wolf-like she feels safe with it.

The more I look, the more I see that the wolf was made like the wolf was standing, just like the wolf-like beast in the forest. I walk up to Amelia and gently shake her shoulder, to wake her up.

"Amelia. Amelia, me and Jacob are going. We've come to say goodbye." I say to her. Amelia opens her eyes for me to see unshed tears in them.

"Hey, don't cry. We will see each other again, okay. Now, how about I write my number down and then you can call me whenever. Yeah, but you must promise me that you will not tell anyone you have it. Promise me, please and then when you get a bit older, we will be able to visit each other." I tell her, Amelia nods her head up and down very quickly.

"Okay, so are you going to hug me and Jacob goodbye, or not?" I ask.

Amelia jumps off her bed and clings to me like a koala clinging to a tree. When she lets go of me, she turns to Jacob and hugs him just as tight.

I start to look for a piece of paper and pen, so I can write my and Jacob's phone number as well as the house number down, just for emergencies.

When I look up, the stuffed wolf catches my eye.

"Amelia, why is the wolf-like that? Shouldn't it be on four legs, not two?" I ask her.

"The wolf has been passed down in our family for hundreds of years. My mummy told me that his wolf will one day, hopefully, save us all. This wolf is supposed to have powers and is said to be the first lycans to ever walk the earth, that's why she's so special. No one knows what powers she will have, but she will be the most powerful lycans ever. I hope one day I will be just like her." Amelia tells me.

For some reason, I feel happy that the wolf has such a story, one that gives others hope.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Let me know what you think.

F.S