CHAPTER 46: REMEMBERING (PART 2)

Sky's pov:

(~STILL IN FLASHBACK~)

Walking up to the doctor's wing, which is actually a floor where Mason lives and few people who need extra attention or help. I pretend I have a headache so I could speak with Mason. What I wasn't expecting was to find Drevon in the room already speaking with him.

"Why doesn't she want me? Wasn't the drug supposed to have worked?!" I hear Drevon question Mason, well more like shout at him.

"The drug was made to make sure she would forget her mate and everyone she knew along with the link to both her mate and pack. It was not made to make her fall in love with you Alpha. The drug can only do so much." Mason tells him, trying not to make him angrier than he already is.

"How do I make her fall in love with me then?" Drevon asks. I could tell he was one step away from breaking something or someone.

"Give her time. Maybe her lycan just needs time to develop a mate link with you, that's how it worked with the others." Mason says.

"Fine, but if I don't see any development then it will be you and your mate next." Drevon doesn't say anything else, but I hear his footsteps coming closer, so I hide as quick as I can and don't move until I know he is gone for definite.

Once I make sure Drevon will not be coming back, I go into Mason's room and see his sitting with his head in his hands, his shoulders are slouched and it looks like he might start crying any second now.

"You know, that wasn't why I came here, but I'm glad I heard it." I say, trying to get rid of the silence, while also letting him know of my presence.

"What are you doing here? Are you okay, what about the baby?" He asks me.

"Well I was coming here to ask you some questions, but most of them got answered a minute ago. It's nice to know we are on the same page though." I tell him.

"What?" He asks very quietly as if he's scared of what I will say.

"I remember everything." I tell him.

"That's not possible." He says, more under his breath but I could still hear him. I wasn't sure if I should answer or not but I thought I might as well.

"Well, it is, as I remember everything. Seems like we have both been separated from our mates."

"How? How is this possible?" He asks, rubbing his hands up and down his face.

"Well I'm a bit special, so don't take it to heart." I tell him, going to sit down as my legs and ankles are starting to hurt from standing so much.

We sit in silence for a few more minutes, until I can no longer stand it.

"Are you going to tell me why you are helping him then? Or are we going to keep on sitting in silence?" I ask, the hormones starting to come out.

"If I tell you, you have to promise to help me."

"Okay, I promise to help you, but you also have to make a promise to me. Make sure if something happens to me, Drevon will never get my child and that she will be brought to my mate."

"That's a promise." Mason says.

"Good. That means we have a deal." I tell him, holding out my hand.

He shakes it and then starts to speak.

"So I guess it's my turn to tell you my story..."

For hours we sat in that room as he told me about what happened to his pack and how he watched almost everyone die in an attack and how Drevon took his mate and threatened him to do whatever he says, otherwise, he will kill her.

He was telling me about how happy they were as she was a couple of months pregnant at the time and now she gave birth to a little boy who is six years old now and he hasn't even been able to hold him yet. They both get pictures and videos of each other but nothing physical and I feel my heartbreaking just trying to imagine how that must feel.

Once he finished telling me about his story he told me that there are others just like home, only doing this to protect their mates and children, they aren't doing this by choice.

So that night we started our plan of escape, and I'm going to make sure we save everyone that we can.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Let me know what you think.

F.S