CHAPTER 24: PLEASE WAIT FOR US

Sky's pov:

I lay under my mate, with my hand covering his mouth, but all I want to do is fall asleep next to him with his arms wrapped around me, knowing that no matter what I will be safe as long as I am with him, but I know that can't happen, at least not right now.

I can feel Stars fear whenever I am too close to Hunter like she expects someone to come round the corner and kill everyone we love, starting with Hunter. I don't understand why, but I know I will when she tells me everything about the prophecy. And hopefully, after that, I can be with my mate openly and not have to sneak in at night to just see him for an hour or so. Tonight was the only night that I thought I could stay for a bit longer because I haven't been sleeping that well and I've heard people say that sleeping next to your mate helps you sleep better, so I thought I would give it a go, and it works, but of course today is that day that my mate decides to wake up.

"Look, Hunter can't you pretend that you never saw me here and just go back to sleep?" I ask him, but I already know the answer to my question.

"No, I can't do that. Can you imagine how happy I am that I woke up with my mate beside me?"

'Oh my god, he has this cute smile on his face, how am I supposed to respond to him again?'

'Sky, focus. You cant be this close to him yet, it's too dangerous for him and our pack. Please just trust me, push him away now and soon you will be able to do everything every other mate couples can do. Please I can't lose him too.'

'Okay, I trust you Star, so if you say this is the best thing to do then I will do it. I don't want any harm to come to him or our pack either.'

"Hunter..."

"Yes, Sky."

"Listen, I know you want to act like other mates do, like hold hands, kiss and.....other stuff, but can you just wait. I know it's asking for a lot, but whenever I get too close to you Star gets all scared like we are going to lose you and I don't want to lose you, so can you just wait. Wait until Star tells me everything about the prophecy. Wait until it is safe for us to be together because I don't want you or our pack to get hurt. Please?"

Hunter doesn't respond at first, all he does is have a cute smile on his face. When I'm about to ask him to say something, he starts to speak.

"You just said 'our pack'."

"Really? That's all you got from that?"

"No, that's not all. And if acting like we are not mates is going to help Star and you stay calm and I can see you more often then I will agree to whatever you guys want. But you have to understand sunshine, I won't be able to wait for very long. I'm an alpha, a royal alpha at that so it is going to be very hard to control my wolf. "

"Okay, I understand. Thank you, for at least understanding. And I guess we can see each other a bit more often, but we can't let anyone know that we are mates, just say that when you said we were mates before that it's because I was the only other royal female that you have seen in a long time so your wolf mistook me for being your mate. Please, just until Star says it safe. Please? "

"Okay, sunshine. I will do anything for you anyway, all you have to do is ask."

I get the sudden urge to hug him and I do. I know I just said to pretend we aren't mates but I don't know when the next time I will be able to hold him like this so I want to do it now. It doesn't take long before Hunter wraps his arms around me as well. I don't know how long we were in that position for but the next thing I know is that I hear footsteps coming up the stairs. I quickly push Hunter off of me and run to the window. I open it and stick one leg out, but before I jump I turn around to face my mate. I see him looking at me too and all I want to do is run back into his arms, but I know I can't. When I look into his eyes I know he understands and when he nods I turn back around and jump, running into the woods, heading towards where me and Jacob are staying for the time being.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Let me know what you think.

F.S