CHAPTER 18: THE LUNACS SECRET (PART 2)

Hunter's pov:

Everyone has become quiet.

Jacob stands up and walks towards Sky, well her lycan. As soon as her hand touches her fur, she is on her feet and her hand is holding Jacob on the wall by his neck.

"Sky! SKY! Let him go!" I tell her.

She turns her head towards me and as soon as I see her eyes I feel electric shocks go through my entire body, making me smile.

However, when she looks back at Jacob and sniffs, then looks towards me again she frowns.

"Hello, mate." Sky's lycan says, but the way she said the word mate, made me feel uncomfortable, it was like she was disgusted with me being her mate.

After a few more seconds she lets Jacob go, once seeing that he is turning purple from lack of oxygen.

"Everyone, please leave and don't tell anyone about this." I command everyone, except Sky's lycan. I need to ask for her name. Once everyone has left I start to talk to her.

"So my mate is a lycan. Are you going to tell me your name or am I going to have to guess it, mate?" I say, trying to lighten the mood and joke around with her.

"No. But I will tell you this. I want you to stay away from me. Don't show me any affection, just stay away."

I feel my heart completely shatter. It feels like a knife is cutting it up into tiny pieces and then it has been blended until there is nothing left but a black hole. I just got her back and now this, why.

"Wh-Why?" I can hear Xander whimper and curl up into a ball inside my head.

"Because I don't want you." Sky's lycan says without stuttering or blinking. She was looking at me straight in the eyes, telling me that she is saying the truth.

I would've completely broken down if I didn't hear her whisper something so quietly that I almost missed it. What she whispered was "even if I wish we could be together, we can't."

If she wants me to give her space, fine, but it won't be for long. I will find out the reason why we can't be together and sort it out.

She is mine and I will always fight for what's mine.

Star's pov ( Sky's lycan):

'Why are you rejecting our mate? We only get one!" Sky asks me.

'I have a reason. Please, just trust me.' I beg Sky for her trust.

'I trust you Star. But please stop hurting our mate. I can't bare to see that heartbreaking look on his face again'

'I can't promise that, but I promise to try and protect him to the best as I can.'

'Why would he need protection?'

'I can't tell you that yet, but I will soon.'

'Why can't you tell me now?'

'Because, the more I tell you, the more dangerous it becomes and then we won't be able to stay here. I won't be able to leave our mate, keeping him away to keep him safe is okay, but leaving him. That is something I can not do.'

'Okay, don't tell me now, but please tell me soon. If we are trouble I need to know.'

'I promise, you will find out soon.'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two updates in one day, so proud of myself. Let me know what you think.

F.S.