CHAPTER 3: SKY'S BIRTHDAY

Sky's pov:

A FEW DAYS LATER

I wake up with my brother jumping on me shouting 'get up' repeatedly, nonstop.

"I'm up!" I scream basically in his face.

Jacob is instantly quiet, and he looks a bit scared. I admit when I get angry, I get scary. Jacob says that my eyes turn to a darker blue almost black with bits of gold in them and my voice gets deeper. He and our mother used to joke about saying that I was Satans daughter which led to me saying that papa was Satan, it was very funny when no one disagreed with me.

Just thinking about my parents calmed me down. I was pulled out of my thoughts by Jacob shaking my shoulders.

"What do you want?" I ask, more calmly now.

"Get up, it's your birthday! I want to give you your birthday present!" Jacob shouts in my face; his voice is full of excitement.

I quickly push him off me and jump out of bed, choosing a nice, decent outfit to wear and then I ran into the bathroom and hopped into the shower. I was ready in less than 20 minutes. I don't like make-up, so I left my face bare and then ran downstairs to see my brother waiting for me in the kitchen.

"You have to close your eyes." He told me.

I did as I was told and then felt him take hold of my hands and guide me somewhere. I didn't know where we were going until I heard the front door open and the cold morning breeze brush against my face.

"Why are we outside?" I ask.

"Because ......" was the only reply I got from him.

He let go of my hands and told me to stay. Now I feel like a dog, shouldn't I be barking. My thoughts are once again cut off by Jacob telling me to count down from 5 and then open my eyes.

5....4....3....2....1....

When I open my eyes, I see my brother standing next to my dream motorcycle. It is a Suzuki GSX750F. It is black with something else on it, I'm not sure what it is but it looks awesome. It's beautiful, I think I am in love.

(HER BIKE)

(HER BIKE)

I have wanted one since I was 14. I would beg dad to get me one but he never did. I turn to Jacob and try to smile at him, but I think it turned out to look like a grimace.

"Thank you," I say, however, it came out more like a whisper as I hardly talk, or laugh, or even just smile. Wow, I'm sad.

I think he heard what I was trying to say as he responds with a 'you're welcome'.

"Do you want to give it a test drive?" Jacob asks me.

I nod quickly. I grab the helmet from his hands, which is black with blue areas, and quickly put it on my head.

(HER HELMET)

(HER HELMET)

I stood next to the bike; I want to name her. I thought for a few seconds and then I thought of the best name.....'shadow', because you know I will never part with her. Wow, I make myself laugh.

I swing my leg over the seat and sat on shadow and then look towards my brother and I see that he is smiling at me. I don't want to leave him, I'm scared if I leave him he might get hurt or even die. I know I am being dramatic, but I saw my house burn down with my parents inside and I couldn't do anything to help, that's one of the reasons why I got someone to teach me how to fight. When I look Jacob in the eyes I see nervousness, but he tries to hide it. I grab the spare helmet, which is just completely black and hold it out to him.

 I grab the spare helmet, which is just completely black and hold it out to him

(HIS HELMET)

His mouth falls open and then he closes it, while his eyes shoot up to look at mine. His eyes asking if he could really come. I nod my head to answer him and not even a second later he had the spare helmet, well his helmet now, on his head and got on shadow behind me.

We both already know how to ride a motorcycle as our dad had one and taught us how. I can't believe he remembered that I have wanted a motorcycle, it's probably because I have wanted one for so long.

When we are both on and ready to go, I start shadow up. I start slow and then I am getting faster and faster until we are zooming through the forest, but still making sure to be careful of the trees.

I didn't know where we were going until we stopped. When we got off the bike and took off our helmets, we both look around. I don't know why but something pulled me here. I look around again and this time something caught my eye, or should I say, someone. A child. A little girl. She looks very scared and I am guessing lost. When she first sees me, she runs away. So I run after her, ignoring Jacob's shouting and his questions on where I was going.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Willa Holland as Sky up top.

Let me know what you think.

F.S