CHAPTER 20: ONE WAY OR ANOTHER I WILL GET ANSWERS

Hunter's pov:

2 WEEKS LATER.

I have been searching through all the books the council has given me. The council is a small pack, but they are extremely powerful and old. It is said that only the council knows of the whereabouts of the rest of the royals.

But anyway, back to what I was doing, I have most likely read about a hundred books, maybe more. I don't realise how much I have read until I finish another book. I am now on the last book ever written about all the types of royals and when I finish it I push all the books, that I have put nicely on my desk onto the floor, over in anger.

I place my head in my hands and groan. The reason why my office now looks like some messed up library is because I wanted to find out more about my mate. I know there is prophecy but I don't know what that is and it supposedly doesn't tell you much about her anyway. I want to know more about her, for example, I want to know what she can do, can she even do anything at the moment or will she have to learn? If she needs to learn I can help, somehow. Or I can find someone to help her. But what I want to know the most is, why does she not want me, her mate? Was it something I did, said, that had made her hate me? If so I will do anything to earn her forgiveness. She is my mate, my soulmate, if I can't get her to talk to me then what does that say about me being a mate.

I lift my head slowly and open my eyes, not realising that I even closed them. However, when my eyes open I stop moving. From this angle, the beginning letters for all the books look like they could spell something.

'You may find your answers in the weirdest of places.' The words of what one of the council members told me repeated themselves in my head. 'In the weirdest of places.'

THE ANSWERS ARE ON THE COVERS!

I quickly jump up and get a book and write all of the letters down. When I have written them all down, I see I have hundreds of letters but when I take a closer look I see that most of the letters are the same but in a different font. I write the letters out again but this time in different groups, depending on the font they are and what size they are as well

When I finish I look at it from afar. I'm going to need help with this. All I know is that I'm getting answers one way or another.

I walk out of my office, with the piece of paper, with all the letters on it, in my hand, and walk down the stairs and go towards the kitchen where mostly everyone is at the moment. As I enter the kitchen everyone stops what they were doing and look towards me.

"What!" I snapped, annoyed with all the staring and I am hungry and tired. Not the best combination.

"What has happened to you?" Scott, my third, asks me.

"What do you mean?" I ask, more confused than angry now.

"What do you mean, 'what do you mean'? Have you seen yourself lately or maybe even smelt yourself. You stink and you look like you haven't eaten in quite some time and when was the last time you slept. You have huge bags under your eyes." Scott tells me.

"What?" I say, but it comes out as a whisper.

As I take a step towards the mirror that is on the wall near the doorway, I finally see my reflection. Jesus, I look dead. Suddenly, like someone stole all my energy, black dots appear and my knees give out. I feel myself fall to the floor.

I hear everyone shouting, but I can't make out what they are saying. My eyes close, but before I let the darkness take complete control, I see a pair of electric blue eyes shining with worry come into view.

The last thing I think of is: 'Maybe next time I should worry a bit less about books and worry a bit more about myself.'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Colton Haynes as Scott up top.

Two updates in one day, so proud of myself. Let me know what you think.

F.S