CHAPTER 13: DON'T DIE ON ME

Jacob's pov:

I can hear Sky shouting my name and I try to shout her name back, but it's hard to breathe with all the smoke in the air. When I am finally able to respond, I shout her name as loud as I can.

I see her looking around for something, most likely something to stop the fire, but I know there is nothing, so I brace myself for death.

I was about to shout to Sky that she needs to run, so she wouldn't get hurt, however, my voice gets stuck in my throat when I see Sky raise her hands and the fire rushes towards her and leaves the house bare of any.

"SKY!" I shout, trying to get to her as quick as possible, but breath is hard because of the amount of smoke I breathed in, and the house feels like it is about to come down in any second.

When I am able to get outside, I rush towards Sky and sit next to her. Her body is sweating and shaking, I have no idea what I am supposed to do, so I do the only thing possible. I call the hospital for an ambulance or any type of help that is possible.

"Hello. What is your emergency?" A lady answers.

"Ummm..... Hi, I'm not sure what happened exactly, but our house caught fire somehow and then it suddenly stopped and now my sister is on the floor sweating and shaking and I'm not sure if she is breathing or not. I don't know what to do. Help me! Please!" I say, all in one breath.

At the end of my sentence, I am begging for her to tell me some way of how to help Sky. All I want to do is find some way to take away all her pain.

"Stay with me Sky, don't leave me." I whisper near her ear.

"Sir, I need you to tell me where you are, we can't help you or your sister if you don't tell me where you are." The lady says to me urgently.

I answer all her questions and she tells me that there will be a helicopter coming to pick us up in about 20 minutes. I hung up on her and touch Sky's neck, trying to find if she has a pulse or not. However, when my hand touches her skin I pull it back, shaking it, trying to get rid of the burning pain that I felt.

15 MINUTES LATER

The helicopter has just landed, and Sky is getting worse. They took her temperature, very carefully after they found out, like I did, that her skin is burning hot. After they read the temperature they shared a very worried look with each other.

"What is it? What's wrong with my sister?!" I shout questions at them, wanting to know what is wrong with her.

"We are not sure; her temperature is at 48°C. All we know is that if we don't get her to a hospital soon, and find out what is wrong with her, she will die."

"What are we waiting for then! Get her into the helicopter! Now!" I order them, getting angry that they are acting as if they have already given up on my sister.

On the way to the hospital all I kept thinking was, what would I do if I lose my baby sister?'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Let me know what you think.

F.S