PROLOGUE: INTRODUCING SKY

Sky's pov:

Hello, my name is Sky Williams and I am 16 years old. I have dark brown hair and blue eyes. I am 5"10, which is quite tall compared to most girls my age.

I have an older brother, Jacob, who is also my best friend and he is 18 years old. He has dark brown hair, a bit darker than mine, and blue eyes, however, his are a bit darker than mine. He is about 6 ft maybe 6"1.

My parents are hardly ever home, so we get to spend a lot of time together. My mother's name is Jessica and my father's name is Ethan.

Every Saturday Jacob and I would go out to our special place, it's a beautiful place. The trees are many different colours and sizes and there are hundreds of different types of flowers, all in different colours and shapes.

Most of the time we would just mess around doing anything and everything. I love nature and animals, and it appears animals also love me considering whenever I'm out they follow me around. Sometimes I even get to pet some of them. I find it adorable, Jacob finds it just plain annoying, which I find funny especially when birds land on his arms and head.

Today is a Saturday and we would be leaving soon. I make sure to grab our picnic basket so we don't forget it and get hungry later. I don't have to wait long, only about 3-4 minutes until Jacob is standing next to me, smiling like the crazy person he is.

"Why are you smiling like that ?" I ask cautiously.

"It's your birthday in 3 days. Did you forget?" He responds with.

I scoff and then open my mouth to respond, but then what he said functions in my head. It's my birthday in 3 DAYS! It has gone so quick this year. I am sure my facial expression said what I am thinking because Jacob starts to laugh.

"Come on," Jacob says, pulling me along with him.

To get to our special place, it takes about half an hour, but it is worth it.

HOURS LATER

It's almost dark now, so we decided that we should start to head back home. When we got to our street, there were fire trucks, ambulances, police cars and a lot of people everywhere. As soon as I see the reason why I run. While I'm running I can't stop the tears from blurring my vision and rolling down my cheeks. I can hear Jacob running right behind me. However, when I got close to our home I was pulled to a stop by a policeman.

"I'm sorry ma'am, but did you know anyone who lives here?" The policeman asks me.

I can hardly hear him over everyone talking, car noises, my heartbeat as well as my hysterical crying. It was getting harder to breathe, I heard Jacob stop running right behind me, so I turned around and clung to him like my life depended on it, which it most likely did at the moment.

I heard my brother tell the policeman how we live there and that we don't know how the fire started. When I saw the medics bring out 2 wheeled cots with a person on each of them, as well as a sheet covering the body, I completely lost it.

I turn to look at Jacob begging him, with my eyes, to tell me they were not our parents, but the look on his face said everything. I screamed until I only see darkness and heard nothing.

~~~~~~~~~

The special place is up top.

If anyone gets any ideas for a cover please tell me, because I have no idea.

The picture up top is what the special place they go to looks like. If you don't like it you can imagine it whatever way you want to.

F.S