Chapter 28 [Bitter reality]

I scrolled through my phone leisurely even though my schedule is full as hell. I clicked my tongue as my stomach grumbled in hunger. Well, I have been dying to eat some food since morning but I was just too lazy to get up from my bed.

I struggled to get out my comforter as my legs were wobbly due to sitting on bed whole day and reading book along with hearing my playlist. It was fun and relaxing.

Also, it was encouraging to see so many likes and comments on my insta and Facebook page. I will not lie, it was really so soothing. Everything was worthy.

I was slowly walking to the direction of kitchen when I saw a shadow coming from the hall. I scrutinized my eyes and pondered over if there was some burglar.

I hid behind the wall and slowly turned and blinked as I took the scene before me. I gasped inaudibly as I saw Mia with a knife in her hand, just positioned above her wrist.

I panicked and instantly rushed over her to stop in time. My foot slipped due to running on tiled ground but I reached to her stumbling on the way.

She flinched as she got startled and alerted. Without giving her a moment to think upon anything and argue me, I snatched the knife from her hand and threw in on the dining table next to her.

"What were you going to do?" I shouted as I breathed heavily. I looked down trying to calm my beating heart.

"What do you want, Cait? I want to die, so just let me. Don't try to stop me this time. Stay away and let me die." She cried as she reached for knife again.

"Have you gone mad? Just stop this bullshit." I yelled as I pushed her away from the table and stood before her so she does not try to reach for knife again.

She sighed and spoke softly this time. I had to strain my ears to hear her. It was as if she was speaking to herself not me.

"No. I don't want to live. I will kill myself today. There is no gain in living a life in a cage. If you won't stop now, I will hang myself to death in my room and no one will be able to stop it. So, go away and let me opt the eas—" She was not able to complete her sentence since my hand collided with her cheek in undoubtedly loud pace.

The sound of slap echoed through house but I did not regret it for even a moment. If it meant slapping her thousand times to bring her back on track, I will do that.

I lost my balance as I was suddenly twirled around and a hand collided with my face with a brutal force, more than what I had applied on Mia.

My head swirled as I tried to regain my sense but found it hard. I shook my head as my vision was totally blurred. I looked to my arm where a large calloused hand was latched and holding me firmly.

I tried hard this time to gather my senses. Everything was blurry to me. I heard someone gasping, probably Mia.

I squinted my eyes as I looked upwards in the ruthless eyes of Mr. Bradford. His eyes were bloodshot red and jaw clenched. I breathed through my nose to understand what just happened.

My cheek was burning like hell along with my ears and whole face. My hand ached to rub off his touch and the burn whereas my mind continued screaming at me to push him away. 

My mind fogged as slowly anger consumed my mind, blurring my vision. My jaw clenched as I roamed my eyes on his face and tried to pull my arm away from his hand.

How dare he slap me?!

"How dare you fucking even touch my sister?" His voice thundered, making me flinch away. I should give him a piece of mind. There was no justification in the world that could justify his action.