Chapter 14 [Ruler of hell]

"Do you know the time?" He asked, lowly, as he strode to me and raised his eyebrow half a centimeter. I gulped and rubbed my fingers together in nervousness. I was in no mood to bicker with him but this man came again to trouble my life. 

I stared at him blankly, taking ample time to understand the seriousness of matter, but everything went just above my head. God knows why this proximity intimidates me! Hell, I was just late for a breakfast and he was making a new matter out of it.

Sending him to mental asylum. Mission completed, ha ha ha...

I rolled my eyes, huffing and raised my eyebrow too. I averted my gaze to my precious watch and looked up back at him, muttering the time,

"Ten twelve, any problem?"

His jaw clicked and in one swap of a moment, I was pulled roughly in his arms by my shoulders. I yelped and shrieked, hitting at his chest in reflex. I gasped as my heart thumped wildly due to his sudden step. He was really crazy.

"Are you essentric too, you lunat?" I snapped, furiously rubbing my shoulder to ease the pain. I scowled as his eyes hardened to slits. Now considering that I shouted at him, I guess it was a wrong move. A very wrong move, indeed.

But who am I kidding, man? I didn't pull it on purpose. It was just pure reflex action. Hasn't he studied biology in class high school?

From the view of his face, he would have none of my explanation. So, its better to stay shut and try to calm myself down. My shoulders were starting to hurt more now due to the pressure he was applying but I denied myself from showing it a bit. I masked my pain and glared at him back with ferocity.  

Let him get mad and grit his teeth to death.

"Lower your voice down, Caitlyn." He spoke through his teeth, putting more pressure on my shoulders.

My anger spiked on the thought that he could show his anger anytime but I could not even use my reflex. Too great! Manipulative jerk.

"I will not," I gritted while emphasizing each and every word, looking into his with same confidence which seemed to have no effect on him. When would I be able to intimidate him? 

He closed his eyes for one or hardly two seconds before looking into my eyes deep like he was seeking into my soul. I looked away immediately not able to hold the intense hate, anger and disgust in his eyes for me.

Maybe, I let my guards down from yesterday due to this nonsense of a marriage but not now. I would show him who I was. I would gladly show him his competitor this time so he never forgets; for good.

He stared at me while I roamed my orbs all across the floor, not meeting his eyes.

I shrieked and yelped in intense pain as he took both my arms and pinned them back on my lower back. My cheeks turned red in embarrassment and I struggled in his hold widely.

He twisted my left hand which got plastered once due to the incident that took place years back which still made me shudder and scream at the back of my head. I tried to stop him but nothing left my mouth; I was frozen. 

I hissed in extreme pain that jolted through my arm and I looked into his eyed with the most coldest and thunderous look to which he only smirked.

"Leave my hand, Mr. Bradford." I muttered, scowling as I could not help but recall the flashbacks that happened years ago.

Let me go!

Mom, dad, help me!

The cries, beatings, pleadings of mine and mostly the pain my body and voice held. The breathlessness. My past came back flooded through just this one action of him.