Chapter 43 [Love kiss]

Vote and comment, please!

I entered the left passage and decided to ask someone the way to bride's room. I ran further but halted as I looked at my right to see a door opened ajar. I was about to step inside when Samantha's shrilling voice pierced my ears.

I peaked inside to see three men and three ladies, including Sam arguing. I held my breathe as she continously sobbed and begged to her father.

  "Padrè, if you would have asked me, I would have married a bison. But why him, padrè?" She cried as she flailed her hands in the air, while glaring at the old man in helplessness.

  "It's for your own good, ragazza. He is our future king and you will be beside him. He has power, more than us." He hushed in a calm and calculated voice.

  "I don't give a f—" 

  "Sam?" I cut her off, unable to hold myself any longer. I barged in and looked at her, ignoring the questioning glares of others.

  "C–Caity?" She croaked as she stared sobbing. I fastened my steps and engulfed her into a tight hug. 

  "Shhh... Sam. Don't cry, love. Please?" I cooed as I patted her back soothingly. My eyes narrowed as they landed on her white off shoulder dress. 

  "Who are you, ragazza?" Her brother questioned in his rough and annoyed voice while I detached myself from Samantha and wiped her tears.

  "Caitlyn King Bradford. You must have heard about me." I boasted as I set my hardened gaze at him. I raised my eyebrows slightly and rubbed my thumb on my forefinger.

  "Too bad, I don't know." He sneered as he glared at me with his narrowed eyes.

I chuckled and pushed past them and made my way to the large, white bed. I huffed and settled myself on it while crossing my legs. I leaned back on my hands while exhaling exhaustedly. 

  "Too good. Now, I got the precious chance to introduce myself to you all." I mocked and tsked while smirking.

  "Papà, I will call the guards to th—" I cut him off, 

  "Daughter of Patrick King," I drawled, "Sister of Drayton King."

I stopped as I fake yawned and put my hand on my mouth lazily. I looked away from him to other people to see them looking at me with questions lingering in their eyes.

  "Do you need more information?" I questioned dryly while glancing at him wryly.

  "I think, you don't know me, tesoro." He snarled. 

  "I don't think you are worth that." I shrugged and straightened myself.

  "Dante. Dante Cimorelli."

I quietened myself as my eyebrows furrowed in recognition. I have heard this name somewhere but where?

  "Pfft. I don't care. For all I know, I can ruin you and your business. So..." I drawled and walked in front of him, not getting intimidated by his high height.

  "Don't provoke me." I whispered lowly, enough for him to hear.

  "You think too high of yourself. Who the fuck even are you? Just a mere daughter of a businessman." He sneered as his hands fisted by his sides, and eyes narrowed.

  "Tsk, you are wrong. I have my own business and my own mind to use, unlike you. What kind of a brother are you to force your sister? Hmm?" I snapped as I finally lost my control. 

Enough of this cat race.

  "What do you want, girl?" I swiftly turned back to the old man who finally thought to speak.