Chapter 4 : Stark grey eyes (new)

My eyes rolled back in my head as I exercised, along with my mother to get myself fit before the wedding. Unsurprisingly, she had many dreams about my wedding and she wanted everything to be perfect.

Undoubtedly, she had more dreams than me about my marriage.

"Stretch your legs more, lazy girl." She scolded, slapping the back of my head.

I whined but stopped as I saw her stern glare.

"Fuck, mom. You want to kill me seriously." I let out a groan and spread my legs more and touched my right foot with the tip of my right hand fingers.

"Don't swear."

"Mom," I hissed, rubbing my arm where she hit me a second ago.

"You need to lose two kgs more. Continue with me,"

"I'm sure Ashton won't find any problem even if I gain ten pounds." I rolled my eyes for the thousandth time today, relaxing back.

"Yeah, he would marry you even if you look like a  bull." She snorted, making me take a deep breathe to calm my nerves.

I couldn't quite say where my anger came from. Both of parents had the same temper and unfortunately it ran in our family. It was incurable.

"I'm going home, mum." I informed, picking up the bag.

"God! These children of today. In our times, we used to help our parents but look at you!" She shook her head, eyes full of pity and anger.

I inhaled slowly and exhaled heavily. 

"Mom, it is getting over now. Please, come. We should get going." I grasped her arm, pulling her up.

She swatted my arm off.

"No! I still need to loose five." She huffed, continuing exercising. 

I narrowed my eyes, amusedly while slumping down on the floor.

"So this was about you and not me? Are you trying to impress dad?" I chortled, keeping my hand at my lips.

"Caitlyn," She chuntered, looking at me dead in the eye.

"Ok ok. Just so you know, dad loves you the way you are, mom. He doesn't care about your weight." I bit my lip, yawning.

"You don't understand, baby. Have you ever seen him?"

"What?" I saw my dad everyday. 

"He goes to gym every week and he looks handsome even in his fifties. There are thousands of woman around him every—"

"Please stop, mom. He is handsome but he would never cheat on you!" I bellowed quietly, glaring at her.

For fuck's sake, we were talking about my dad.

"I know that but I just want to look more fit. Nothing else." She shrugged, sweat dripping from her forehead. 

"I'm going back, mom. Do you wanna come?" I sighed, standing up.

"No, you go."

"Bye, love you." I waved, walking towards the door.

"Love you too."

I halted and turned back, pointing my finger at her.

"If you do over workout, I'll tell dad, you got me, mom?" I threatened, looking at her sharply.

"Fuck off,"

"I was serious, mom. I will keep a check on your timings." I left,  shouting with my eyes in front.