Chapter 8 : Hell broke (new)

I sighed, hugging myself as I sat in front of my laptop, trying to connect to my best friends. I leaned back as they picked up the call in one go. All I needed was to go with the flow, marry that psycho and destroy the proofs.

I needed to get my father's property papers back and then divorce him. This was my plan, even though it sounded dumb. I had no other option.

Either watch my brother go to prison or watch Ashton hate me for being coward.

"Caitlyn!" A sweet, thrilling voice reached my ears. I looked up from my lap to laptop screen.

Samantha, my best friend, who was in Spain grinned at me, waving her hands perfectly. She was an actress. I chuckled and waved back with that of half zeal than hers. 

"Cait," The annoyed voice of Jake made me roll my eyes as he was still in bed. His shirt unbuttoned and hairs messy.

"Jake, you could've atleast made some efforts to look presentable." Samantha snorted, her arms behind her head.

I fell silent as I probed on how to speak what I wanted to.

"Oh and," Jake looked up from the pillow, his forehead frowned, "Ashton was calling me yesterday but I had meetings back to back and then I was tired at night." 

I gulped, glancing away. I felt like I was caught on a crime scene.

"Yeah, tired enough to have fun with your wife." Samantha wiggled her eyebrows mischievously, making Jake glare at her immensely. 

"Sandra is sleeping beside me, so, shut up you witch." He bit out, glancing at her right side.

He took a sigh of relief after making sure that his wife was sleeping. His son must be sleeping too.

"Jake, you should take off." I muttered softly, biting my lip.

"Oh com'on, after two months you are going to marry. Then your honeymoon and after that Sandra would be in six months pregnant. Do you think I can take an off?" He exhaled dramatically, shaking his head.

My face flushed deep red in fear as I crossed my fingers.

"I have to tell something." I whispered hastily, shutting them efficiently. 

Samantha frowned, her cheek muscle twitching while Jake just looked at me through the screen.

"Wait, let me guess. You guys screwed and you're pregnant?" Samantha laughed, her cheekbones high and shining.

"Sam!!!" I hissed, digging holes through screen with my glare.

She shrugged, "Don't shout at me. You seemed serious as if you saw a ghost." 

I sighed roughly and looked away.

"Sam, let her speak." Jake murmured, his focus on me.

My ears and face heated up as I prepared myself to lie. I picked up courage and again exhaled.

"I have decided that I will be marrying after two days." 

My voice drained away till I completed the sentence. After a moment, they both seemed to come out of their shock.

"Cait, are you really okay with that?" Jake asked, sitting up.

I nodded.

"If you're good then why do you seem scared?" Samantha frowned, making me curse her at the back of my mind.

"I'm not marrying Ashton." I licked my dry lips, checking my watch.

I had to go to church.

"Excuse me?"