Chapter 33 [Lips to lips]

"How big is this party going to be?" I genuinely questioned after turning my face to my left to see him.

He had held my hand in a powerful grip as we descended down the hall to the stairs. Whole house was decorated beautifully with sparkle lights and different types of roses. The most amazing and fascinating thing was that the roses were real and of black, red, white and green color. 

To where I knew, green and black ones are very rare and most expensive in the market and the thing that he loaded such a huge amount of them, clearly showed the power he held. He was much more rich than anyone's imagination.

Great, what if someone asks me how much he earns? Heck, what if someone starts speaking their nonsense about our love life. Has he called my friend and relatives too? He told me that my parent would be coming but what about Drayton? Is he too coming? 

I had so many questions for which I wanted answers from him but watching as he didn't even answer my earlier question, I didn't dare to ask anything else. Besides, I don't want his attention on me anymore, not like I ever wanted. 

We were about to reach the stairs when he abruptly stopped and turned to look at me. He gripped my arm and pushed me in a corner, behind the curtain which was adorned with fur. I kept my hand at my chest to calm my loudly beating heart.

"Are you out of your fucking mind?" I hissed as I breathed heavily.

"You better do something good to your language. I don't want to teach you now on how to behave. Stand straight, now." He hissed without any humor and pushed my hand away from his. I stood abruptly as I was leaning on his arm for too long for my liking and his unliking.

"I–I fucking hate you. You always behave rudely with me. What have I ever done to you? Why do you always make me feel like I'm your fucking maid?," I cried as I looked at him through my glassy eyes. I added harshly while furiously rubbing the corner of my eyes, "This time, I'm warning you to behave properly with me, Mr. Bradford and you better get that through your skull." 

I don't know the fuck was wrong with me but I knew that something was wrong with my shitty mind. Why am I even crying? I don't know the reason behind my mood swings. Am I going mad these days? Has he started fucking with my mind, now?

He just looked at me as if he was pondering over something. It looked like he was trying to judge me and my actions which were totally innocent. I know, I may not be the innocent person on the earth but I'm not the cruelest even. I don't know why that god had to gift this man to me only when there are millions of girls in this world.

I knew. I always knew, that I was born as a curse only. I should have died when I was born. I–I–I don't know any fucking thing. One period, I'm crying and sad over my life whereas next minute I'm angry and back to myself and then again I'm irritated with everything that's happening around. 

Am I on my periods? Maybe they started early this time? But it is just past one week. I cannot be on periods this early. But the question remained in my mind, was I? I needed to go the fucking bathroom rightthat moment.

"I need to use the washroom. Please excuse me for a minute." I spoke dryly, breaking the eerie silence between us.

He broke out through his trance and looked at me swiftly. I just stayed there, pinned on my position waiting for him to get a side. I raised my eyebrow when I didn't get a response out of him even after one whole minute.

"Listen to me, Caitlyn. You will be with me during the whole party. I don't want you roaming without me even for a second. It's better that you get this straight through your head when I'm talking sincerely. I don't want you talking to any other men besides the one who are family and relatives. Is that clear to you?" He spoke carefully while eyeing me with a emotion I could not decipher.