Chapter 11 : Tied knot (new)

The bright sunlight fell on my face as I struggled with my dress. Jesus! It was a blast. It was not a casual white colored bridal dress but a red one engraved with diamonds.

It looked good on me but I had developed an instant hate for it the moment I laid my eyes on it. Just knowing that it was made by my forced future husband, I disliked it. Fuck, I hated it to my core.

.... but it was beautiful

Passing last day was a challenge. In my whole twenty four years of life, I would not have counted minutes on my fingertips as slower than yesterday. Shopping with the man of honor and then a complete suspicious lecture from my parents and friend nearly took me off the cliff.

I had told them that it was me who came up with the idea to marry right away and... it was indeed true. I knew Ashton would do something and mess things up and therefore; I had to save my brother from falling into depth.

Atleast I could be at peace a little that Drayton King was not here. I sighed and pushed off the strands away from my face. We were having a small wedding but it was everything a bride could ask for.

Irony, this bride did not want anything more than her freedom. Freedom from this coming marriage.

For a moment I looked at the window and contemplated on running away but it would only fuel things further. I almost choked when I remembered something. And as if on a cue, my phone rung.

I cursed under my breathe and picked up the call.

"Yes, Mr. Bradford?" I murmured dryly and counted the diamond beads on the gown slowly.

"Open the damn door." He hissed, his voice very low.

I blinked hard and looked around myself.

"Where are you?" I whispered lowly before hitting my head with the back of my hand.

Why the fuck was I whispering? 

"In front of your bridal room. Back door." 

"Why do you want to come inside?" I almost yelled at him, clutching the sides of my chair.

"I want to talk. Now, open!" He sibilated, making shivers run through my body.

Hell, why did it feel so intimidating? 

I stood up and strode towards the door with timid steps. My heartbeat escalated without any reason and I just turned the knob, letting him inside.

He almost crashed down the door and barged inside, breathing heavily. I took two three steps backwards, taking precautionary steps.

He raised his eyebrow, eyeing me up an down.

"Are you afraid of me?" He frowned slightly, his eyebrows tilted.

"No. Just disgusted by your presence." I raised my chin in defiance and looked into his eyes coldly. 

He lifted his eyes away for a second before he blinked.

"I have heard worse. It doesn't affect me." He shrugged, clenching his jaws as he roamed a hand across his silky locks.

I could not help my dirty mind but admire how he looked in a tux. Sexy and hot.

"Seems like this time it does affect you. Tell me don't you feel a but ashamed of what you're doing? Blackmailing a woman and marrying her out of will?" I gulped, unable to keep myself shut when I had caught lion a little but off-guard.

I knew I was testing my luck but everyone has to die one day. He probably won't kill me today.

"Don't push your luck and no! I don't feel anything for a woman like you. I have only one aim and that is to make your life living hell." He marinated lowly, pinning me with his gaze as he stepped towards me.