Chapter 30 [Tragedies happen]

"I ordered bacon and soup for you. Ah, also cupcakes and chicken toast."

As soon as I entered kitchen to bake something for Sam and me, I was greeted with a beaming Sam. Whole time, she was continuously smiling cheekily. She sweetly picked up the dishes and carefully served the breakfast for both of us. Oh, one more thing, she does not know how to cook anything besides instant noodles and hot chocolate.

I looked at her with scrutinizing gaze while trying to find out what made her so happy today. Did her manager told her that she is on holiday for one week? That might be the reason. That should be the reason.

"What happened to you, today?" I asked skeptically while digging into the food and she did the same.

She swept her gaze at me and looked at me offended. I rolled my eyes at her act. She is the best and famous Spanish actress. How can I fall in her trap? You wouldn't be able to tell when she is generous or when she is acting. I shook my head telling her that her acting skills were getting poorer.

"Fuck you." She hissed and continued eating her breakfast without looking up at me. Strangely, she stood up after five saying that she is done. One more thing which I missed earlier was that she had already bathed and changed into an official outfit. If she is going back to Spain, then, why is she so happy?

"Sam, where are you going?" I asked, eyeing her dubiously. She looked at me and grinned widely, showing her teeth. I cringed in fear, does that mean she is going to—

"To your husband." She quoted while throwing her hands in air. She picked up her keys and phone and waved her hand at me while running away from kitchen. I ran after her while shouting at her to stop.

"I will kill you. Stop right there." I shouted but she was already out. Traitor, she locked the door already. I speedily walked to the lock and pressed my thumb to open the door. I ran out of the house to find out that there were no signs of Samantha.

I hissed and shouted in annoyance. I locked the door and ran to my car and started the engine. But it did not start. I again put the keys but it did not start. I opened the car door and slammed it shut after getting out. I went to check what happened to the engine when I slipped on the floor. Hard.

I winced as I hurt my waist and hand. I whimpered when I tried standing up. My ankle was sprained a little. I looked down to see petrol leaking on the floor. And it was coming from my car. I frowned and stood up while closing my eyes and putting my weight on the car. It must have been Sam's doing.

I had wore a blouse with jeans and white coat. Now that my clothes were ruined, I opened the door again and rushed upstairs while booking a cab for me. While I changed into new set of clothes, my phone pinged, showing that cab was here. I rushed back downstairs and locked the door.

♤■■■♤

After sitting in the cab, I ordered the driver to drive to Bradford Corporations. He looked at me strangely in fear and shook his head. He visibly paled while swallowing hard.

"Mam, I'm sorry but I cannot go on that side. It belongs to Sir Bradford. Public vehicles are not allowed there." He stammered while gulping. I sighed frustratedly and looked at him dead in the eye.

"Take the shortcut fast. I'm the wife of the owner and it won't take me a minute to make you loose your job. When I would tell my husband that you denied to drive me to him, he—"

He cut me as his eyes widened. He nodded his head continuously while pleading me to not tell about this to my fucking husband. Coward. I nodded and asked to drive me there in fifteen minutes. I snorted, I could take this much advantage of him, right?