Chapter 44 [Pool of embarrassment]

I yawned as my sleepy mind felt something piercing the skin on my face. It was annoyingly sharp and pricky. I whimpered and tried to scratch my cheek but my hand unfortunately came into contact with more pricky things.

I groaned and slept again, without giving much thought to it. As soon as my mind dozed off again, I heard some sounds of wood knocking. I hissed and opened my eyes to kill the frustrating world, which had no work left other than annoying me.

I stiffened as my eyes came into contact with something black and silky looking. I tried to move my body but I felt like a heavy weight was on me. I yelped as soon as my mind started working back. There was someone upon me, sleeping.

How dare this person?!

I pulled my hands from beneath him and tried to push his face away. I looked down with efforts and screamed loudly when I saw that person had nothing on except his loose pants. Those pants were also hanging too low on his waist.

The person groaned and shifted upon me slightly. My eyes bulged out of their sockets when they fell upon the grey eyes of Mr. Bradford. I swallowed slowly, trying to wet my suddenly parched throat.

"What happened, firefly?" He murmured in his husky and hoarse voice which sent shivers to my core. I shuddered beneath him while my eyes digged glares at him.

"What are you doing on me, Mr. Bradford?" I hissed, gritting my teeth.

"Sleeping?"

"Why?"

"Because I want to," He shrugged.

"I didn't give you the permission to touch me!" I exclaimed, scowling at him. He was almost suffocating me by his heavy weight. He weighed more than a bulk.

"Did I need that too?" He chuckled darkly, dwelling back into my neck. My stomach clenched as he sniffed my fragrance and hummed in satisfaction.

"W-What are you doing? Get up this instant," I demanded in stern voice, but for a fact, I knew that it would not have single effect on him.

"Shh..." He whispered lowly as his finger rested on my lips, silencing me down effortlessly.

My breathe became shallower due to his proximity. His continuous breathe falling upon my naked neck, disturbed my mind, efficiently washing all the saneness away.

My eyes lowered on his muscular, naked back which looked enchanting. I had a sudden craving of roaming my hands there and feeling it but I dismissed the thought as soon as it came. I squirmed under him making him groan loudly. I stopped as he swiftly pushed up his body and stared into my eyes.

"Stop moving," He ordered, narrowing his eyes.

"I won't until you leave me." I challenged, looking back fiercely at him.

"Careful, wife." He mocked as he lifted himself from me and laid beside me.

I stopped myself from whimpering in annoyance as the cold air hit my body. I looked down at myself to see a black shirt buttoned on my chest. I whipped my head sideways and glared at Theodore. I lifted myself from the bed and sat down, glaring at him.

"How dare you?!"

"What dare?" He raised his eyebrow, ignoring my rising temper.

"How dare you change my dress?!" I shouted, grabbing his attention.

He opened his eyes and looked at me smugly. He smirked, grabbing my arm and pulling me upon himself. I shrieked in panick whereas my palms landed flat on his chest. Naked, eye catching, muscular, beautiful chest.