Chapter 39 [True face]

I had a cold bath after silently sipping the bitter soup which reminded me of the smirking Theodore Bradford. There were so many thoughts, roaming in my mind at the moment and I was as confused as the born baby.

I still couldn't believe everything that happened yesterday. I mean, how could I be so irresponsible? I, seduced him? He saw me naked in my drunken state. I groaned as I hid my face under my elbow and bit my lip. 

I just couldn't wrap my mind around the picture that I asked Mr. Bradford to kiss me and most embarrassingly touch me. I understand that I was not in my senses but then also, I should have never done it. I messed up everything. 

I felt a pang of hurt in my chest as my mind presented different scenarios in front of my vision. And one of them was Mr. Bradford considering me as one of his whore. I broke down into sobs as I felt like I betrayed myself and most importantly Ashton.

Even though, we didn't have sex but presenting my body to other man was something which I regretted so much. What made me remorse more was I felt pleasure with my enemy, who trapped me into his net and made my life unbreathable. 

I screamed frustratedly as my kept showing me the illusions which I deeply wanted to erase from my memory. I leaned my head back and hit it hard with the wall behind as I sobbed quietly. I could do anything to correct my mistake and I was ready to pay any price just to revert back all my doings.

I wiped the corners of my eyes roughly as I fumed over the thought of Mr. Bradford not stopping yesterday. I was not sober yesterday but he was and then also he did not stop himself. I agree, he asked me too many times but he could have tried more. 

Heck, he could have threatened me like he does everytime to go and sleep but he did not. On the top, I don't even know what my sweet mother told him. Now when I tried to think about a solution, my mind just came blank and fucked up.

How would I get to know what is running in his mind? What did my mother told him? Did she tell him everything? And the foremost thing, how would I face him after yesterday's night? 

I gulped as I calculated the amount of problems, my mother's actions, could have created. Or had already created. I breathed deeply and dried my face with my sleeve, trying to grab control over my emotions and actions. I'm known for being cold and that is the card I have to pull now. 

Remaining indifferent in front of Mr. Bradford would only help me.

I closed my eyes and stood up to meet Mr. Bradford to decline his offer for Italy which I think was never an offer. But anyways, I could not take the chance to make things more complicated. 

♤■■■♤

I knocked twice on the study room and bit my lips in anticipation as I waited for him to open the door. I heard a gruff 'Enter' before I made my way inside after pushing the large oak doors aside.

I inhaled sharply and quietly as I looked around in the room. There was a large table in the corner of the room where Mr. Bradford was sitting, doing his work quietly without lifting his head up to greet me or atleast acknowledge my presence. 

The room was painted brown with white with a large chandelier in the center. It looked quite classy with the way it was designed and maintained. There were racks of books and files, made from wood painted in chocolate colour.

This reminded me how I smudged chocolate on Richard's face yesterday. I cursed under my breathe and shook my head to stop it from discouraging me anymore. 

"Mr. Bradford?" I squeaked, not knowing how to break the ice silence.

"Have you come here to get yourself fucked?"