Chapter 13 : Wine effect (new)

I shuffled on the bed, moaning as the strain in my waist increased. I blinked open my eyes and yawned, rubbing my hand over my face. For a moment I stilled, taking in my new surroundings. The breath stuck in my throat released slowly. 

Theodore Bradford. 

How could he sleep after snatching away mine? He had no sensitivity. Heartless person. Stupid dumb asshole with eyes that of lion.

Even dogs have warm eyes unlike him!

Clenching my jaw, I stood up from bed and picked up the pillow. He had his back to me. His posture was relaxed unlike usual stiff and rigid one. I scoffed under my breath and walked over to wide couch. It had good space for someone like me.

I walked to his side of bed and picked up the glass of water, tempted to throw it at his stupid face. I sipped few sips and clutched the glass tightly in my hands before taking his phone from side. I held my breath and clicked the side button.

Locked.

Ughhh... I resisted the urge to really slam the phone on his broad, hollow skull but kept the itch of my hands in control and put the phone back before sighing heavily. My eyes widened and I clamped my mouth shut with my hands.  

I padded over to closet and rumbled through almirahs for blanket. Finally getting one soft fur one, I silently shut the door before laying down on the couch. I covered myself and hugged the pillow before letting myself fall in deep slumber.

♤■■■♤

The sweet chirping of birds worked for me as lullaby while I worked on my PC to complete my client's demand. I wrapped my hand around my coffee mug and lifted it to my lips. I shuffled through the printouts of the elevation drawings while sipping my americano.

My office was in New Jersey, located between the hustle bustle of city life. It was one of the good work location in New York. We opened one more branch in Rochester lately. It was under construction. It was designed by one of the best architect of our firm, Noel Brielle.

I moved the pointer of mouse towards the corner section when someone barged into my cabin. I sighed and continued working. I needed my mind off the drama that took place in my life. It was a waste. I had nothing, & I mean nothing, to do with that person.

How buffaloes won't understand a word you say, he won't feel remorse or realization for any of his actions. Fuck. I didn't even know him beside his name in industry. Irony, he was my husband now. For little time.

"Where the fuck is your phone, Caitlyn?!" Jake thundered, making me wince slightly. 

I looked up nonchalantly and shrugged, "In my pocket?"

He sighed roughly, rubbing a hand across his tight jaw harshly as he pierced his glare at me.

"I'm not in the mood to fuck, Caitlyn. We were fucking tensed about you. Concerned over the fact that you married a whole stranger packet stupidly! How more stupid and dumb could you be?" 

"What did you want me to do then? Let him send my brother to prison over something he never did?" I snarled, gritting my teeth.

He slammed his hands on my table and bent forward.

"You could have consulted a fucking private detective! A lawyer! Heck, I would have done everything if you would have come to me earlier and given me time to solve things. But you think yourself sufficient for your problems," He scoffed, "You don't need anybody else."

With that he picked up the small glass cubicle on my table and threw it on the wall behind me and slammed the door shut of my cabin as he left without hearing me out.