Chapter 5 : The guest (new)

I huffed, clipping the last strand of hair that was coming out of my bun. I had wore a chiffon, satin dress with long curves. As much as I had hated saying it was kissing my curves, it was not. 

It was designed perfectly, loose but beautiful. It had to be the best one in my collection.

Since, I did not have a collection. It was my mother's collection, period, her collection that she bought for me.

I whistled coolly, spraying rose pitch perfume. Now, I was perfect. Even though I was not much of a fan of heels, I could have my way with them prettily good.

"Caitlyn, you're ready already?" I heard Rose, my receptionist, murmur from behind me as she walked into my room, knocking twice.

Well, we were more of friends rather than boss and employee.

I smirked. 

"You're as well. Is it for your hideous boyfriend?" I teased, biting my lip.

She blushed, stifling her smile.

"Oh please!" She rolled her eyes.

"So... shall we go?" I exhaled, looking at her.

"Yeah. Jake is already here."  

"Wait," I groaned, "Is Ashton here?" 

She coughed before clicking her tongue.

"Has been impressing your dad since past hour." She chuckled as we strode out.

"Oh, he doesn't need to. My dad is already impressed. If it would have been in his hands, he would have me married on the day Ashton proposed me."  I snorted, rolling my shoulders to relax the dull ache.

"Mr. King," She laughed.

"You go, I gotta make a call to my hideous boyfriend." She bit her lip, kissing my cheek as she strode away.

I picked up my dress and stepped down the stairs, grabbing attention of everyone. I smiled, stepping down. Jake came beside me, his wife and son on his right. I looked at my left to see Ashton wrapping his arm around me. 

I grinned, kissing his cheek.

A waiter passed me the mic, greeting me.

"Hello, everyone." I spoke loudly and everyone turned their faces towards me, clapping loudly.

"First of all, I, Caitlyn King, would like to welcome you all to this party. I am glad that you all could make it at such a short notice." Sounds of cheers erupted in the air as the lights dimmed and spotlight came on us.

"Life without family and friends is a waste and we are glad that we have a hard working group of people who work for us and take our company to heights." Jake spoke gracefully, his aura broad.

"Absolutely, Jake. I too feel grateful towards all of them. Without them, it would have been impossible to reach where we are today. To reach the title of best interior designer company of America, it fills me with pride and esteem joy." I sighed, content, looking at my parents for a second.

The pride in their eyes, the happy gleam was everything that I wanted.

"Therfore, we are here to announce yet another project of ours. This time a big one and ours." Jake continued, glancing at me.

We both held each other's hands, raising in the air.

"The King group of architecture," He paused midway, nodding at me to continue.

I licked my lips before taking a deep breathe.

"Is going to open a studio on floral ring road in the major west New York." As soon as I finished, everything roared to life and music blared loudly. We thanked everyone who came forward to wish us success.