Chapter 42 [Wait, what]

Vote and comment, please!

  "Do not wear anything white and black. Just wear any other color." 

We were getting ready to leave for the wedding venue when  I heard Theodore call me. I turned to give him a look of disappointment but he had already turned his back to me. I scowled and pouted as I raked through my dresses. I only brought four dresses with me and unluckily two of them were black and one was white. 

So, I was left with only one option and that was to wear the maroon red one. I sighed and looked at Mr. Bradford again, 

  "Why can't I just wear anything white? Don't tell me you have something against white now!"

I thought he would just ignore me but I got surprised when he chuckled and turned to me. 

  "I don't have something for white, firefly. We're going to attend an Italian wedding and according to their tradition, it is considered ominous if someone wears white leaving the bride and groom. Same goes for black."

I groaned and stomped my foot while glaring at the floor. Why did I not bring any other dress? Next time, I will make sure to pack every color's dress with me.

I averted my gaze and screamed suddenly when I saw Mr. Bradford standing there with no shirt on. He was removing his belt and opening the zip of his trouser. I opened my mouth to speak something but no words came out due to embarrassment I was suffering. I looked back at floor and squeezed my eyes shut.

  "What happened, firefly? Are you planning on to make me deaf today?"

My heart exploded when the sound of leather hitting floor reached my ear drums. I could easily hear the sound of a zipper being opened because it was eerie silence in our room.

  "J–Ju–Just go and c–change inside the wash–room." I thwacked myself on my back in my mind as I stuttered badly.

  "Look at me, Caitlyn." He commanded in a husky and stern voice. I blushed and gasped loudly as I shook my head feverishly. 

I heard footsteps nearing me and I instantly turned back and picked up the red dress and made a run for bathroom. Halfway across the room I was lifted up and put back on the floor with vice steel like grip on my waist.

I squealed and yelped for the same reason but tried to calm my frantically beating heart. I opened my eyes to Theodore looking at me with his signature smirk. I groaned and glared at him which caused him to snigger aloud.

  "Leave me. I–You are almost naked. Leave that, I will take the washroom and you take the room, happy? Just lea—" I was blabbering nervously when he put his long, slender finger on my lips, shutting my mouth. But unfortunately, my heart seemed to find it interesting and started beating loudly.

  "You speak a lot." He said wryly and touched his forehead with mine before closing his eyes. 

He sighed and looked like, he was savoring the moment. My breathe hitched and became shallower than before. There was no denying that he had an effect on my mind and body. But the question remained same, how and why? He is my enemy not my love.

My eyes were opened and my heart beat loudly due to the proximity between us. He was inhaling and exhaling just before my face, making me a lot more hotter than before.  

This was the first time that I was looking at him with him being so near to me. His sinful lips were the first thing who grabbed my attention. They were red, blood red and plump enough to derive the attention of any woman towards them. They were beautiful pair I had ever seen.

I gulped as my attention attention diverted to his sharp jawline which looked more beautiful and attractive now with him being so close to me. I traced his cheekbones with my gaze as he continued to savor the moment. I don't know what was happening to me. It was like he casted a spell on me that I was becoming so invested in him.