Chapter 34 [Please no]

"Welcome to the party, Mr. King." I shuddered and cursed under my breathe as Mr. Bradford's pleasurable voice reached my ears. I smiled forcibly as I saw him and my father shaking hands while eyeing each other. God!

"Dad!" I exclaimed excitedly to ease off the tension in the air and hugged him immediately. I looked around to find no traces of Drayton and his wife. They were thankfully gone from here already by the time we reached. God bless that waiter who offered us drinks a while back.

I exhaled in relief as I remembered how I made a scene with a waiter earlier. He was offering us grape bear and to divert Mr. Bradford's mind, I had shouted at him to bring me four shots of chilled, red wine with no ice cubes. 

I retreated back and turned to my mother who was smiling at me in affection. It hardly affected me if she smiles at him too but what concerned me was whether he would smile back at her or not? Please, don't talk to him, mom.

"My baby, how are you, Cait? We missed you so much, baby. You totally forgot us? You didn't even call us after coming back!" She chided as she took me in a tight and warm hug, choking me. I missed this warmth and her indifferent behavior.

You don't even know mom that how much I appreciate your sweet nature!

"Ah, mom. Can I ever forget you? Com'on, you know your daughter better than anyone. I can never forget you and dad. Even if someone forces me to do that." I spoke while pouting and kissing her and dad's cheek twice.

She rolled her eyes and chuckled, shaking her head at me. The moment I dreaded for, came. She turned her neck at Mr. Bradford and forwarded her steps towards him. In human's life, there are two things that happen! One, your mouth goes dry when you fear something and another is that your salivary glands start producing too much saliva when you are afraid too much of something.

And mine was second case.

I swallowed hard when I saw my mother engulfing him in a hug. I saw as his body stilled but turned soft soon. My eyes almost popped out when I saw him reciprocating the efforts done by my precious mother. I coughed hard and patted my chest as I choked on my saliva. This diverted their attention. 

In seconds, Mr. Bradford was at my side. He took me in a hug and patted my back as his other hand kept rubbing my neck in comfort. I shivered unintentionally and gasped while shifting my gaze towards his eyes. 

"Are you fine now, Caitlyn?" He asked as he put his palm at my face and looked at me in concern.

What in the world has gotten into him?!

I  humbly nodded without putting much pressure on my mind and took huge gulps of air to calm the greed of my lungs for air. 

"Are you good, princess?" I turned my gaze as I saw my dad concerning over me. I inhaled sharply and removed myself slowly from his embrace and smiled at dad.

"I, Caitlyn King, assure you that your daughter is very much fine, sir! You don't need to stress over her, young man. Trust her a little atleast, she is fine." I squared my shoulders and put my hand on my heart and curtsied before him as I spoke in a heavenly, thick voice.

He laughed as he shook his head, amused. He turned his sharp and vice gaze at Mr. Bradford. He looked at him for a good minute while me and mom gossiped about some affairs. Both men seemed to be in their staring contest when I interrupted. 

"Honey, we shall meet others too! Let's go, don't be so hostile." 

"Yes, sure. Lead the way." 

I was surprised that he agreed but nonetheless I cannot take a chance of leaving dad or him alone. Drayton too. All men are impossible. I waved at mom slightly as we left them and I dragged him to the corner where I saw the bar.