Chapter 41 [The promise]

Vote and comment, please!

  "Ah, Mrs.Bradford. How are you? I hope my friend has been taking good care of you." Roma— I mean, Anton greeted me with a mocking smile and sarcastic comment. Why does this guy hate me so much? It's not like I kicked him in between the legs or something of that kind.

I must say, Theodore is much much better than this shit face. Yes, he might be rude but he is not acidic.

Whatever. 

  "What do you think, Mr. Romano?" I interjected as I raised my eyebrow slightly at him.

  "The way you should be treated."

  "You didn't learn manners in kindergarten? Not even in school or college? Did you even attend one? I guess not, so, do check your tongue before you speak aloud, Mr. Romano." I spoke calmly while smirking at the end. But inside I was fuming like a bull on seeing red. 

No body has the right to speak to me like that. 

  "Theodore, it seems, you're no—" He was cut off as we heard someone snickering aloud. His eyes glistened with anger while his eyebrows furrowed with annoyance. 

I looked past him to see a silhouette of person, who had clutched his stomach and was laughing. I glanced at my husband to see him sighing amusingly. My eyes widened as I saw a small smile curving his lips. Was I dreaming?

Yeah, he had laughed honestly once with me but then again, I had not seen him smiling carefreely. I held my breathe and turned to see at the man. My eyes squinted as he walked up to us. I had seen him earlier but where?

  "Hey, Caitlyn. You must have heard about me, right? I'm the famous Marco, every girl's love." He chuckled as he forwarded his hand in my direction. I blushed as my eyes widened slightly in recognition and shook hands with him. I eyed as his large and warm hand engulfed mine completely.  

He seemed friendly. 

  "Hey." I greeted shortly while giving him a small smile.

  "I must say, you are fire. You taught this Romano a good lesson. I swear, it was the most hilarious thing I've ever heard. Oh, the look on his face. Priceless." He broke into laughter as we heard Anton growling in anger. I bit my lip nervously and glanced at Mr. Bradford who was chuckling lightly. 

Anton suddenly stepped towards Marco and thumped on his back with pressure. I lost my balance as Marco stumbled and fell on my legs while cursing out loud. I shrieked and clutched Mr. Bradford tightly to prevent myself from falling. I felt my heart jump out from my throat due to the sudden push.

  "Anton! Marco, remove yourself from my wife." Theodore hissed as he caught me and caressed my face, soothing my loudly beating heart. Marco soon got up and rubbed his arm. I too pulled myself away from Mr. Bradford as I realized the position in which we were.

I turned red as I looked down at floor. For some unknown reason, my heart instead of getting calm, was beating more loudly. I shook my head inwardly and looked up to see Marco bickering with Anton.

  "You both know that I'm here too, right? "

They both stopped arguing and glared at Theodore who seemed unfazed by their childish behavior. I still couldn't believe my eyes as I saw Marco and Anton arguing like kids. They were the living men who looked cold and lethal but here, they were bickering as if they were the most coolest persons in the world.

  "Theo, I'm telling you, his wife is gonna kick him out of room on their first night. He is such an assohole." He complained loudly as he scowled at Anton who had clenched his jaw. He pointed his finger at Anton and showed him a face which further angered him.