Chapter 32 [The threats]

Theodore's POV

I stared straight and deeply into the green and wandering eyes of my wife. She was looking at the opened door of my cabin while gulping and blinking continuously. I averted my gaze at the cook serving food in two plates.

I could feel and read her mind and thoughts. I knew what was roaming in her mind. I sniggered. What was she thinking? That she has an escape out of here without my permission? She is a fool, then.

"Didn't you hear me, Caitlyn? Have lunch." I spoke calmly while fixing my gaze at her sandles. She got startled with the sudden intrusion. She lifted her gaze from the door and settled it over my face. She nodded her head towards right and left before she made a run for the door.

I knew it.

Another service provider stepped into the doorway blocking her midway. I tsked while I walked over to her. She paled as she swallowed hard while stepping backwards. Even though I hated her with every fibre of my nerve, I liked it that she speaks much less in front of me.

Maybe sometimes she overspeaks but that too is fine until my patience bears with it.

"Were you trying to leave so soon from here, Caitlyn?" I whispered in her ear while grabbing her hand tightly.

She wriggled under my light hold on her wrist. She yelled out in frustration while glaring at me immensely. She looked sideways to see that other persons in the room were gone. She sighed heavily while rolling her eyes.

"Would you please leave my hand, husband?" she hissed as she closed her eyes in annoyance. I arched my eyebrow at her in amusement. Her attitude, god. It has started giving me headache.

"Isn't this the first time you are calling me your husband?"  I mumbled lowly while closing the door with my foot. I neared her face while tucking her wild stray strands of hairs behind her ear.

I loved how she gulped instead of shouting at me and arguing with me. She blinked twice, hard, before looking into my eyes. She raised her hand in front of my face carelessly and showed me the middle finger.

"Fuck you. You're no one to me, Mr. Bradford."  She spat while pushing my hand away and glaring at me immensely. Here we go, she had again started shouting. I guess, there was some switch inside her brain which gets switched on and off time to time. 

A switch to turn her shouting mode on. 

An involuntary chuckle escaped my lips at my thoughts making me press my cheeks inwards. On the other hand, she gawked at me baffled. Maybe this was the first time she was watching me laugh truly. 

I really wanted to teach her a lesson for once and all but I knew it will have no effect on this thick headed woman. Nothing matters to her besides her so called reputation. She has a habit to make everything difficult. 

"Think whatever you want to. You cannot change the truth and the truth is that you are mine now. It would be of more advantage to you if you start behaving yourself from now onwards." I mused, calmly staring at her orbs to intimidate her.

"Behave myself, my ass. Yo–Y–You are so controlling. You can't control me. I'm not your sister or your maid. I'm my own person. If I want, I will talk to you in the tone I wish and if my heart says to go and fuck any random man in the bar, I will. You hold absolutely no power over my life, Mr. Bradford." She sneered while curling her lip inwards and squinting her brows to slits.

 I exhaled heavily as her words spiked new heights of anger in my mind. I won't let her touch any other man let alone talk to him. Fucking another man, my foot. I wanted to go smooth and calm on her today but she had a habit of igniting a spark inside me to go rough on her.