Chapter 17 [Fun in boring life]

"Caitlyn will serve me dinner." His voice boomed throughout the hall, breaking the glass silence. 

I was sitting leisurely at the dining table checking out the design of the hall of his - our house, as he says. I was waiting for the food to be served eagerly so that I can stop the grumbling of my starving stomach.

It was all peace. Until he opened his alligator sized mouth. 

"What did you say?" I spewed out in utter annoyance and pure disbelief.

Why in the world would I serve him?

"Serve me food." He ordered calmly again as it was the most obvious thing in the world, titling his head to the food.

"I am not your maid." I whistled coolly and shrugged. 

This whole day, whole day, I was going ballistic due to pain and anger. I only had breakfast with my brother and here he was ordering me around like I was his servant.

Fudging piece of shit.

"No, you are not. You are my wife." He shrugged casually while drumming his fingers on the table impatiently.

"It is not my work to serve you." I bit out, shaking my head as I licked my dry lips. The water was getting above my head now.

"It is your duty," He averted his gaze to maids around us, "Privacy."

They all left the area within a blink of eye.

I took the bowl of rice and served myself. And then, I took the bowl of curry and poured some into my bowl.

I took both of the bowls of curry and rice with myself to him. Actually, the dining table was very long so earlier I had seated myself far away from him. Seems like i shouldn't have.

I placed the bowls in front of him.

"Serve yourself." I turned with this to continue with my dinner.

A hand latched on my wrist, stopping me on my tracks. I closed my eyes to calm my nerves and smiled fakely.

"Leave my wrist." I spoke softly, looking him into the eyes.

And, he did.

But. There is always a but to a story.

He put his hand on my waist and with a strong pull, pulled me onto his lap. I squealed due to shock, grasping his shoulders with my hands.

"Are you out of your mind?" I shouted at him.

I tried to get out of his steal strength grip but it only resulted in him pulling me more tightly towards him. I gasped as our chests came in contact, making me immediately make some distance between us by putting my hands on his chest.

"You can act all strong you want but at the end you are a woman who needs the shoulder of her husband." he hissed.

I dumbly kept looking at him with my fierce gaze. I remembered my plan which I made. To act accordingly with the situation.

If situation demands to follow his commands, I will. If situation says to comeback with a fierce reply, I will.

"Leave me, please." I spoke humanly.

"I thought why not eat together today?" He spoke amusedly with the infamous smirk of his.

"Can I atleast sit on a chair?" I asked humbly, my face hurting from clenching my muscles. I tried hard to not to scowl and got almost successful. 

He narrowed his eyes instantly, arching his left eyebrow.

"Why are you acting all submissive wife, all so suddenly? Are you playing with me?" he asked in a low whisper darkly.