Chapter 22 [Royality check]

"Aren't you being over smart, Caitlyn?" His rough, deep and gruff voice greeted me as I dailed his cell number.

"What do you want to talk, Mr. Bradford?" I asked in fake sweet, malicious tone.

"Let's come to the point then. Why did you call my parents over there in my absence, Mrs. Bradford?" He asked in a calm and calculating voice.

How did he know, so fast, that they are over here? I specially ordered everyone around here to not tell their sir or whatever they call him, about his parents coming over here for the whole week.

"They had to come. Afterall their daughter-in-law invited them. And your brother, he was so excited to meet his sister in law. So, they had to come. Even though I did not like your sister's attitude, I will let it slide through my mind. I will treat her good." I spoke slowly and threatingly, even though there was no threat but silent warning.

I wanted him to know that I was also powerful. Maybe not as much as him but I was powerful enough to make him go mad for months. I rolled my eyes as I thought about him going mad. He is already mad. A chuckle escaped my mouth.

"Don't you dare to even harm a single hair on my sister's body. I warn you, you won't be able to make it out then. Single injury to my family and yours family will be done. Mind it, Caitlyn." He said in callous, dark voice.

Did he make me fear him? No. A big no.

"Oh, so they are your parents now? From days you were teaching me to call them as my parents and now, what changed? Your wound me, Mr. Bradford." I fake cried on phone. I guess, I was enjoying this more than I should. I should not awake the beast in him. 

"I assure you when I would really wound you, you wouldn't be able to answer me like this." He mocked.

My all craziness and good mood flew out of the window instantly. He finally showed his true self. Again.

"You never hesist to show that how much of a psycho and controlling man you are, do you?" I hissed as I arched my eyebrow.

As if he was sitting and speaking gibberish in front of me. Even though he was not physically present here, I could feel the power he held. And I knew that for sure by now. I have seen much more than a trailer.

"Answer my question, Mrs. Bradford." He reminded.

"Which question?" I asked lost, not knowing what question he was talking about.

"Why are my parents there?" He asked. Maybe again.

I rolled my eyes and chuckled regaining my mood and posture and spoke, "Ask them. Simple as clay."

"Do you know what your parents are doing right now, Caitlyn? Your father, he is driving to his office and your mother, she is gardening." H said humorously. But I did not find a single humour in it. How could I? He was talking about my parents, for christ's sake!

"What are you planning onto now? Aren't you done yet? Listen to me clearly, you are done with what you wanted already. I'm married you, isn't that enough? Why do you keep involving my parents?" I yelled furiously and frustratedly over the phone.

He got what he wanted. Or maybe not. But what does he want from my parents? He does not have a heart, that I know, but even if he can't love, he can atleast care and respect.

"The question should be other way round, Mrs Bradford. What are you planning to do, in my absence?" He said in a cold, emotionless voice.

"I called them over here because I wanted to. I wanted to know them and apologise for my behavior earlier personally. Happy?" I yelled loudly.