Chapter 9 : Sour manners (new)

My dad looked at me with the most deadliest glare of the world which deadpanned me. My mom too stared at me, her patience thinning.

"Care to come again, Caitlyn?"

"Tw–two days—"

"Oh Jesus help me or I will do something bad!" My dad snarled, slapping his hands on the teak table.

I flinched, closing my eyes as a reflex.

"Caitlyn, what are you speaking? Do you think it is a joke?"

"Mom, his parents are forcing him to marry someone else and that is why he wants me to marry him as soon as possible." I murmured quietly, making up stories of different kinds in my mind.

"Forcing the black panther? Unbelievable." Dad scoffed in disbelief while I just sent my prayers to god.

Peace. Yesterday, I read about peace. May god provide my raging parents too some mindful peace.

"Dad, you are also forcing me. You don't understand me and that is how his parents are too. They want him to marry their relative's daughter. I'm speaking truth, dad. Please support me." I begged, wailing loudly.

"I'm going nuts." He sat down on the chair.

"Me too." Mom muttered under her breath, sitting down.

"I thought that you both will support me."

"How can I let my daughter marry a stranger? And that too when I know what kind of person he is." Dad shook his head, clutching his forehead.

"But dad, he is not a stranger to me."

"I am tired of this, Caitlyn. When would you grow up?" Mom spoke strictly, her voice sharp as the knife she uses in her kitchen. 

"Mom, I can't explain it any way. You both will just have to give it a try. He is a very good man. He can't come to meet you here because that would grab attention but once you meet him on our marriage, you will realize, he has the heart of gold."

Heart of thorns.

"I don't know what to say."

"Patrick, why don't we give a chance to them? If he is that successful, he must be smart and you also know that paparazzi just feed lies to people. You can't judge someone without meeting." Mom still looked unconvinced with my lies but that was okay as long as she was supporting me.

"But what I have seen in industry cannot be fake. He takes over every company he desires and there's no stopping him."

"He does that with hard work and brain," Mom argued, "He does not put anyone on trigger of gun, right? It is his hard work and as you say if he is that successful and powerful, he would keep our daughter safe."

"Safe? Who will keep her safe from him then?" Dad shouted, fire burning in his eyes. 

"Why would she need to be safe from him? He loves her, for fuck's sake!" Mom bellowed, standing up abruptly. 

Dad quietened down, jaw clenched tightly.

I bit my lip and waited for dad to calm the fuck down.

"Okay, go and marry him then. Who am I to object?" He looked into my direction, glaring at me.

I exhaled, groaning. No emotional blackmail anymore.

"Dad, c'mon , don't behave like this. I know that the way I brought this up was wrong but I did not have any other option. Either I would have run away with him or marry him with your blessings. I chose second one."

"I can't say anything else then. You are sugarcoating me now." He paused, rubbing his head, "And your mom, the woman has zero brain cells."

"Excuse me? I am still here." Mom muttered, looking at dad with her wide in disbelief eyes.