Chapter 18 [Invitations]

"May I know whom I'm speaking to?" A velvety, confused voice greeted me as I called his mother.

"It is Caitlyn here, Mrs. Bradford." I spoke softly. There was a sweet silence between us. I could imagine her shock that she was getting a call from me.

"Oh quit the formalities darling. Call me Catherine," She said in a dismissive tone.

"Uh.. How are you all?" I asked in a tight and tremulous voice. I didn't know why I was feeling nervous even?!

Maybe beacuse of the fact that yesterday did not go good for both of us. And the way I behaved, it was, least to say, quite bad.

"We are all fine, sweety. How about you and Theodore?" She said in her beautiful voice, honey-dripped voice making me guilt trapped.

"I'm fine too," I muttered softly, getting comfortable with her. "I don't know about your son." 

She was a nice woman. But her son, I couldn't even believe he was her son for real. How come so much difference in their behaviour?!  Did she give him birth after eating a buttergourd? I rolled my eyes at the thought.

There was a silence on the line, as if she was hesitating to say something. I knew, she had no words to explain me for what her son has done. It was unforgettable.

"He is rude, child but he is not cruel. I don't even know what to say but I just want you to try out this marriage. Everything happens for a reason and I believe Jesus wanted you two to be one. We cannot do anything in what god has decided for us. There must be a solid reason behind this marriage also. Just give it a try, Caitlyn." She reasoned in a pained voice, as if it was almost killing her to even think about us getting divorced.

I know, we have not even talk humanly till now for even once. And divorce? It was completely a new topic. I could not even think about it before I get the papers.

"I will see to it," I assured in a tight voice, avoiding the topic. 

"I know, it must be hard for you. I am not trying to justify Theo's actions but I just want good for you both." She spoke in a soft and small voice.

I just hummed in agreement with her before changing the topic cleverly.

"You should come visit us on dinner or breakfast someday," I invited in cheerful tone but there was some hollowness in my voice which I could not remove, even if I wanted to. 

I'm also a human and I'm also hurt. It is not important to show always that you are hurt. Sometimes you are hurt, but, you have to be strong and brave to face the world.

I'm equally hurt as Ashton.

"We will, honey. We will. But not this week." she said.

"It is no problem. I would love to spend some time with you all. You should come and live with us for atleast some days so that we all can get to know each other." I said in suggestive tone.

And she agreed.

I hung up on her after wishing her nice day. And she too.

Well, now, I can move further with my plan. I just have to know about him. His strength and his weakness. His family. What he loves, what he adores, what he cares about! All.

I want to know how can I make him weak. And for this, I would have to use his family. Not a hard work, I guess. Maybe.

A notification popped on my screen showing a message from Jake. I opened and read and I grinned automatically.

Everything is done with the Japanese investors. Work will start from next week on the site. But they need some time to set their accounts records.