Chapter 31 [In blood]

"M–My ring?" I stuttered while lowering my trembling hand down instantly and putting it behind my back. Where the fuck is the ring? I remember throwing it when he was gone.

"Yes, your wedding ring." He spat while leaving my jaw and bringing my hand in front of him. He looked at my hand blankly while gritting his teeth. I tried snatching my hand back but to no avail. This made me irritated. 

"I threw it because I don't consider you as my husband. Happy now?" I sneered while pulling my hand back with full force. Gladly, I could retrieve my hand this time. My eyes widened slightly when I recognized what I had spoken.

I looked up at him and covered my fear with braveness and fury. His gaze hardened even more while his eyes narrowed indefinitely. I took two steps back before my back touched the wall.

"I want it back on your hand by today evening." He muttered as his eyes lost all the anger. He raised his eyebrow at me, challenging me to deny him. He was just emotionless. I'm getting headaches by his mood swings. If he wanted to fight, why is he not fighting? He turned back and walked to his desk.

What does he want to prove by ordering me around? He cannot order me around like I'm his slave. I don't want to wear that meaningless ring by any means. I looked at his left hand to see his ring shining there. I would have to say that ring looked beautiful on his hand.

Fuck, what am I even thinking? He is playing with my mind and sanity. I breathed through my nose and pondered over how to shout at him that I will not wear that ring.

"I have lost it. Even if I find it, I'm not going to wear it." I spoke calmly while latching my hand on the door knob. I tried opening it but to no avail. It is getting humid here, I believe. I don't want to be in the same room with him.

He even burnt the marriage certificate. How am I supposed to get a new one with his signature?! He will never sign. But I can maybe somehow trick him, but it is too hard. He, in his conscious, would never think of doing that.

I may as well get new official papers for my father's house and get it signed by him. Obviously by tricking him. Why did I not think of this earlier? Dumbo!

"Very well, Mrs.Bradford. I have already got one new ring for you. Come here and take a look." He nodded his head and spoke while taking out something from his pocket. He sat on his sofa chair while staring at me intensely. 

I moved my legs and walked upto him, to give him a piece of mind. I looked at the ring in his palm, heart shaped diamond in centre with beads of ruby, emerald and sapphire around the it. Ring looked extremely beautiful but it was he who was giving this to me and therefore it was not beautiful. 

"What part of 'I'm not going to live with you anymore' did you not understand? We are done here, Mr. Bradford. You may do as you wish to." I spat while rubbing my forehead with my hand.

"You are such a bad girl. Do you know what your mother is doing right now? Sipping on her morning coffee. Do you want her to be thrown out of that house right away?" He mocked calmly while staring at my jeans clad legs. 

Was he blackmailing me again? He is just impossible. He does not have even one degree of humanity. I breathed heavily and slapped my palm on the table.

"How dare you blackmail me? You will do no such things. I warn you, Mr. Bradford, do not try to reach my level because I will not let you live peacefully ever again then." I yelled at him darkly while looking into his eyes. His reaction was, he smirked and chuckled. 

"Be a good girl and wear this ring. Even if you leave our house, I very well know how to drag you back there. I may as well use law against you. You must know that there is a law which states that after marriage, wife needs to live with her husband. The husband may claim his rights to live with his wife anytime. Your choice!" He spoke lowly in his gravelly voice while checking me out.