Chapter 19 [Phone and red]

I stomped into hi—our room over how I could not do a thing about this arrangement.

I used to solve every problem in my life on my own but now my life has become a problem. Useless life. I settled down on couch in the room.

My furious gaze landed onto a bottle of wine. I grabbed the bottle of wine on post table and a fine glass kept beside it. I served myself a shot and gulped it before thinking anything.

The cool thing burned my throat but had no affect on me. Three shots more and I was light headed but sane enough to understand my surroundings. I was just a little bit tipsy.

I closed my eyes and rested my throbbing head on the sofa. I groaned as pain increased in my head over time.

I was pissed. I could not share this with anyone. I have shared this with Samantha and Jake but he does not know that.

He really has no right to tell me what to do or not. I'm my own fucking person. He just has one word for my every question that he is my shitty husband.

'Good. I'm your husband. You should not forget that.'

I rolled my eyes and dug my hands in the soft seat of sofa as I mimicked his words.

My phone ringed alarming me to sleep. I gritted as I took my phone from table and threw it on my right.

'Click'

My phone crashed down making three noise at a time but subsiding the ringing one.

I frowned and furrowed my eyebrows as I looked to my right in confusion.

My confused face changed into a scared and concerned one as I saw Mr. Bradford there with his face to his left side, jaw clenched, hands fisted and eyes bloodshot.

I gasped as I saw the his cheek which was red, dark red as compared to his white, slightly tanned skin colour.

I moved my eyes to my phone which was lying near his foot on the floor.

My mouth opened to say something but no words came out. No apology, no argument, nothing came out of my always angry mouth.

I stood there, unmoving. I visibly paled as I looked into his eyes which were staring at the green wall in anger. I'm done now.

What will  I do now? Most importantly, What will he do know?

But then again my subconscious interfered.

Why would I cower away? I had done nothing wrong! It was a mistake. It is his problem. He entered without knocking even once. Right?

His problem, I shrugged. He should handle. I did nothing intentionally.

I for the first time in my life supported my sub conscious mind. I patted her in my mind for giving me inner strength.

My all anger was long forgotten now. I was just concerned about the coming storm. I know, he would brag this incident also like a kid. He has a habit of acting like kids.

I snorted and sniggered at my thought.

Today also he was busy sipping juice. Juice. Simple juice, and he was ignoring me for that. Tit for Tat.

I chuckled as I imagined posting his red cheek on social media. It would be a sight to see for everyone. I would get so many likes. It would be the talk for tabloids for almost a year.

I flinched and my smile faded as I saw a broken flower pot on the floor. I removed my gaze from the shattered piece to the man who was responsible for this.