❀19❀

"Your body is honest. When you're in physical pain, you cry. But the heart is a liar. It stays quiet even when it's hurting. Then, when you're asleep, you finally weep and whimper like a dog."

Two months later, all of NCT Dream has fallen into a routine

Renjun has been hanging out with Taeil to learn more medical skills back at the main base after school; Jeno, Jaemin, and Chenle do frequent jobs together since they have sniper, hacker, and assassin; and Mark and Haechan don't stay at the NCT Dream base often due to them also being members of NCT 127.

Jisung and Hwara understand each other without any words having to be spoken. Well, Hwara tries to understand.

Currently, on a Saturday morning, no one else is in the house except for Hwara and Jisung. Hwara sits in the living room with the news on while scrolling through her phone. She had just woken up, tired from the mission she and Jisung took last night—who is not awake yet.

Hwara freezes before smirking at the news currently displaying. Deja vu much?

"Last night, the interruption of Chairman Seok's charity ball resulted in the death CEO Park Jaesuk of partnered company ShinTech as well as his guards. The cause of death has not been confirmed yet, but a black rose was found next to the victim."

Black Rose.

Just like Taeyong suggested, she's been putting the moniker to good use. However, this is the first public hit they've taken—although the mafia world knows of Black Rose.

Hwara sighs as she gets a text on her phone, causing her to open up her messages.

Mark
Jisung's not responding so I'm texting you
We're doing rank reevaluations today

Hwara
should we come to base

Mark
yeah

Hwara sighs, turning off her phone the TV before walking into Jisung and Hwara's room.

There she sees Jisung sleeping with his covers barely, his face not visible because it's flat against the bed and facing the window.

Walking over to the other side, Hwara quickly takes a picture of Jisung's face. She's learned that people laugh at other's morning faces, courtesy of Chenle.

Putting her phone away, reaches out for Jisung's shoulders, shaking him awake.

Immediately, Jisung snaps his eyes open and looks at Hwara tensely before recognizing her and relaxing.