❀36❀

"해가 뜨기 전 새벽이 가장 어두우니까."

Hwara looks outside the car window to see exactly where they have arrived

Hwara looks outside the car window to see exactly where they have arrived. There are not many people around as the sun starts to set and paints the area a little bit darker. The crescent moon slowly comes into view as both Jisung and Hwara exit the car.

Hwara follows Jisung down the lit street in peace, stopping at a small yet brightly-decorated store.

"Pearl's Creamery."

Jisung, slightly happy to be coming back here after a long few months, opens the door wide so that Hwara can walk inside, following in right after her. The doorbells chime, signifying them as a new customer. The cashier, who's a middle-aged woman that looks extremely kind, turns to face them.

"Oh! Welc—Jisung! It's been a long time since you last came here," she exclaims, rushing from behind the counter to go greet the boy.

"I hope I'm not disturbing you, Miss Kim," Jisung says, touching his hair awkwardly.

"Of course not! Oh, hello. What's your name?"

Hwara just smiles at the woman, although it is still a little awkward for her to do so. "I'm Hwara."

The woman nods before looking at the two. "Park Jisung, I can't believe you didn't tell me you found your soulmate."

"Sorry, Miss Kim. We were really busy, so I couldn't drop by earlier."

Miss Kim just shakes her head, gesturing for them to come up to the counter so that they can order. "What would you like to eat?"

Hwara looks around at the various types of ice cream all around. She's never seen that many colors of food right next to each other, and the names were astounding too. Then again, it's been a long time since she's had ice cream—almost two years. She had vanilla ice cream once, but it was just okay to her.

Jisung can sense her hesitance, seeing that she doesn't necessarily know what to pick based on how long she's been staring at the various buckets.

"I'll get whatever's on the special menu today, and she'll have a...White Chocolate Brownie Blast," Jisung says, picking the other special item on the menu for Hwara.

Hwara looks up in confusion, but the look and Jisung's face tells her to just nod her head. Just go with it.

Jisung and Hwara take a seat at a table as Miss Kim prepares the ice cream for them. For a couple of seconds, it's silent until Hwara speaks. "Could I see the mark?"

Jisung nods his head, slightly lifting up his shirt sleeve and pulling off the watch the covers it. Hwara pulls his wrist closer to her touching the mark with her bare fingers.

The pattern itself is a small, delicate daisy stem with a baby stem right next to it, highlighting the innocent look of the mark. Both of them knew that they weren't innocent at all. Both of them were murderers. They kill people for their job. The symbol of a daisy is ironic in their case. Little do they know just how much meaning it truly holds.