❀52❀

"She no longer needs me."

A/N: does anyone remember miyeon's last name? like i can't find it anywhere but for now I'm going to use lee.

for anyone wondering who miyeon is, it's hwara's friend that's stepsiblings with yoon minseok.

In the silent mansion filled with uncanny dim lighting, mass amounts of weapons, and screams that chill the warm day sharply, sit people inside the most private office

In the silent mansion filled with uncanny dim lighting, mass amounts of weapons, and screams that chill the warm day sharply, sit people inside the most private office. Two cups of coffee sit untouched on the table, as if only there for decoration to paint the scene of a civilized conversation among the rich.

"What do you have for me, Yoon?"

The girl scoffs, gritting her teeth due to her aversion for the last name. "It's Lee. I don't associate with Yoon Minseok."

The older and more intimidating man only chuckles, taking a small sip of the coffee from the rich teacup before setting it gently back down on the table.

"It's funny how you think you have power around here."

Miyeon scoffs. Even though the fear of what the man in front of her could possibly do courses through her veins, she could never bring herself to feign respect for the man. "I'm only doing this for my freedom. What did you call me here for?"

"We're getting there. Tell me, what did you find out about Jung Hwara?"

Miyeon tenses at the ever-familiar name, bittersweet memories flooding into her brain. I didn't want to betray you or Sungchan. I didn't want to hurt you. But for my freedom...

"She has a soulmate. Park Jisung from NCT—it's Park Jihwan's son," Miyeon says.

The man smirks, knowing that the information he just received may be the most valuable yet. It's funny, though. He hates Park Jihwan more than anything for helping his daughter escape, but that same daughter is now bonded to Park Jisung. Lee Taejin scoffs at the irony.

"What else?"

Miyeon hesitates, not knowing whether or not to say this next piece.

"Lee Miyeon. Tell. Me. Now."

The sternness of Lee Taejin's voice causes her to flinch, feeling as if the clearness is cutting daggers across her skin.

Miyeon's extremely reluctant. Before she had been roped into this—which was a month after the Jung mansion fire—Miyeon was best friends with Hwara. They used to think that nothing could separate them. After that fire, her parents revealed her legacy. She learned the real reason for why she knew how to shoot at ranges, why she had a black-belt in taekwondo, and why she's been through so many boxing lessons. Her entire family, including her seemingly innocent adoptive brother, are members of Octris. Her father is second-in-command. They used her friendship to keep all eyes open on Hwara without Miyeon even knowing, allowing Taejin and Minseok to have the information to set the Jung mansion on fire in the first place.