❀60❀

"Do I deserve this?"

double update so read the previous chapter if you haven't already 💚

"Why should I care whether you live or die?"

And with that, Hwara slits his throat with ease, leaving him to bleed out to death before turning around. Although she feels so much remorse for killing people in general, she could never feel an ounce of regret for killing her father. He deserved it. She knows anyone would agree with that.

Disregarding her sister that lies on the ground, shocked by what she just witnessed, Hwara runs over to her soulmate. She quickly takes off her jacket, wrapping it around his stomach before pulling him into her lap. Tears stream down her face as she looks at how pale her soulmate is, the red color barely visible. Jisung slowly cracks an eye open, looking straight into his favorite honey brown eyes.

"Is he dead?" He croaks out before coughing violently.

"Don't talk, Ji. Yeah, he's dead."

"G-Good."

Hwara knows he's losing a lot of blood. But all she can do is pray for some sort of miracle to happen—for something to keep her soulmate alive. She hopes someone finds them.

"Love?"

"I thought I told you to stop talking."

"Hwara," he breathes out, causing Hwara to pause as she looks at him. "I love you."

Her breath hitches in her throat as she takes in a small gulp of air. "I love you too, idiot. Of course, I do."

The tears on her face stream down faster as she can see his eyes start to droop closed, hyperventilating as she tries to keep him awake.

"Keep your eyes open Jisung."

Nothing can stop it though as he closes one eye, the other following immediately after. In a quick moment, Hwara smashes her lips onto his, hoping that the soulmate bond could at least save him.

Jisung wants to respond so much, but the energy has completely left him. He can barely move, but Hwara doesn't care. She just prays that some sort of miracle happens. She doesn't care what it takes, but she wants him to be okay. She needs him to be okay.

But she can't do anything as he takes his last gulp of air before his eyes close, signifying the end.

"No no no. No, please. Jisung, wake up please."

The boy doesn't respond, completely knocked out.

"She tries to figure out how to find his pulse but doesn't know where to look, her hands frantically feeling around his wrist.

"Don't leave me," she cries out, burying her head in his cold chest, not wanting to accept it.

He can't be dead. He can't be dead.