❀6❀

"I'm not heartless. I just use my heart less."

Instead of going inside the huge house, they walk toward a smaller house next to it—well, relatively smaller

Instead of going inside the huge house, they walk toward a smaller house next to it—well, relatively smaller. It's the size of a grand one-story house, still beautiful at its exterior. Hwara guesses this would be the guesthouse.

Jisung urges her to go quickly inside the house as if in a rush to make sure no one sees them. Maybe Jaehyun said something about making sure they weren't there. She wasn't extremely sure, but she just left that as the best answer. For what reason, she doesn't know. And quite frankly, she doesn't care.

When they enter, Jaehyun stands in the kitchen with two others, practically unrecognizable to Hwara, as well as her brother. She doesn't realize it, but curiosity fills her up.

"Hwara, Jisung, come over here," Jaehyun says.

Jisung stays back for a second, observing the situation, while Hwara immediately runs over to Jaehyun and Sungchan.

"Sungchan!" she yells, happy to see her brother.

He's almost always the first person she greets once finishing missions, so she didn't expect to see him at NCT. As far as she knows, Jaehyun's the only one from her family in NCT.

Sungchan just smiles at her before ruffling her hair.

Jisung, extremely confused, walks over to them. "What's going on?"

The other two there, which everyone except Hwara knows as Taeyong and Mark, turn to Jisung.

Taeyong sighs, getting ready to explain. "Give me a second. We'll explain everything."

Sungchan and Hwara say their goodbyes after Hwara learns that Sungchan is becoming a member of NCT along with someone he knows from his college. She's proud of her brother. She wouldn't say it out loud, though.

Jaehyun leads everyone to sit down at a table in what seems to be another meeting room, one with a passcode and a retina scan that's required to access.

Jisung, still extremely confused and now impatient, sits down not-so-calmly. "Are you going to explain or not?"

Jisung thinks back to when he had come straight back from school after getting a text from Taeyong.

"Get these files from Xiao Anqi. Then kill her," Mark says.

"I thought I was banned from soloing."

"If you take a look at those files, you'll know exactly why. And yes, they do have to do with her."

Jisung had abandoned all thoughts and rushed straight to the location. Nothing mattered more to him at that moment than getting those files. But, he still didn't know what exactly was in them. Plus, the random appearance of Hwara had made him even more curious.