❀38❀

"They were all lies."

"What?!" everyone else in the room exclaims, looking at Jaehyun and Sungchan weirdly

"What?!" everyone else in the room exclaims, looking at Jaehyun and Sungchan weirdly. There's no way.

"This isn't Choi Jina. This is my dead sister, Jung Hwayeon," Sungchan states clearly. 

And things finally start to click in Taeyong's head. "No, this makes sense. I wanted to call and see if I could—you know. But, that day, you said Hwara was too busy studying and Hwayeon was going out with her soulmate. Her soulmate is Yoon Minseok, am I right?"

Jaehyun and Sungchan only nod their heads, racking their memory to try and remember what exactly happened that day. After all, Jaehyun didn't live with them and Sungchan was too busy studying to pay attention to the details back then.

"Well, Jisung met Yoon Minseok and Choi Jina at the same time while saving Hwara last week. He said they were soulmates, but their bond was fading out. He also called out 'Yeo' before he was cut off and died. It makes sense now. She always seemed to be hiding her identity," Taeyong mumbles toward the end.

He's surprised he didn't recognize her, but that's probably because he'd never actually met that particular Jung due to her being so closed-off from the world.

Sicheng's eyes snap open as he gets an intuition of answers, things that may help solve this entire mystery—or at least bring them one step closer to it. "Taeyong, you said that Yoon Minseok made a bunch of trades with a black witch that took a piece of his sanity, right?"

Taeyong nods his head. "That's what Jisung heard. He has a good memory."

Sicheng then turns to the two cousins, asking them a question as well. "Yoon Minseok knew about Hwayeon's alexithymia, right?"

"Yeah, he helped her through a lot of problems back then. He tried to make her happy and less alone," Jaehyun says, smiling slightly at the memory before scowling. This was all before he went insane and became responsible for all the shit that's happened since.

Sicheng nods his head, taking in all the information. He has an idea, but he's not exactly certain about it. He'd rather not fill everyone's heads with conspiracies—that's Renjun's thing. He'll have to get more information, maybe even straight from the source, to prove his idea.

Mark and Kun also absorb all the information. These two, being the leaders of Jisung and Hwara, focus more on their safety. "I don't think it's a good idea for Jisung and Hwara to do duos alone. If one gets hurt the other—"

Sicheng immediately cuts him off, shaking his head. "They don't have a yin-yang bond. Although they'll know when the other is in pain, they won't actually die or get the damage done on them. It's better for those two to stick together."

Kun nods his head, trusting Sicheng. Even if he's confident in his ideas, he'll always trust the Gifted member.

"What about Octris? They were there at Black Point's headquarters that night," Mark points out.