❀2❀

"Pain, I let the bullets fly, oh let them rain."

Jaehyun, now back at his usual residence away from his cousins, sighs as he walks through the front door to the even bigger mansion

Jaehyun, now back at his usual residence away from his cousins, sighs as he walks through the front door to the even bigger mansion. After all, it houses more than twenty-two people when full. 

When Jaehyun walks in, he doesn't expect to see five young boys awake despite tomorrow being a school day. They all look at Jaehyun before freezing. He knows they don't have a mission today.

NCT Dream, the youngest members of the gang, is quite frankly NCT's ace unit. Since no one knows how many people NCT's inner circle really holds, no one really expects these young kids to be apart of the gang—especially when they don't have a tattoo yet.

But that's the thing—they're kids. They love to play games, have fun, eat a lot, etc. Ruthless but normal. That's why Jaehyun is much more lenient on them than the others could be.

"Don't worry, I won't tell Taeyong. Now, go to sleep before he comes down here," Jaehyun says in a stern but quiet voice.

All the boys nod, quickly tiptoeing up the stairs, probably heading for the third floor—the floor with all their rooms.

Jaehyun sighs, getting ready to go meet with Taeyong, the leader of gang NCT and his co-leader for the sub-unit NCT 127. Taeyong's like a parent—he's strict, seemingly cold, but deep down he really cares for the wellbeing of his members. Plus, he really does enjoy the fun moments the gang shares. He can be a real softie then.

Then he hears the door open up once again, and he looks at the boy covered in blood from the neck down, barely visible due to the amount of black he's wearing. But, Jaehyun could never mistake the smell that causes his nose to scrunch up every time.

The boy doesn't care that someone else has seen him come home like that. He had a job today. Take out the Monsta X Gangnam branch. That's exactly what he did. Apparently, the two branches had defected, and Monsta X was overseas so they asked NCT for some minor help, while Seventeen dealt with the major things.

Suddenly, another person walks downstairs—the leader of NCT's Dream sub-unit and a member of NCT 127. Mark Lee. He wasn't one of the five boys from earlier because he doesn't want to be. Mark has always been quiet, caring, and strict like Taeyong.

There's no wonder he's NCT's solo ace and a leader for the dream unit. Some Dream members joke that if he knew fluent Mandarin, he would be apart of WayV, the unit that handles things in China. But, is it really a joke?

"Hey, Jaehyun. Taeyong's in the fourth meeting room," Mark says, before stopping to take a look at the boy wiping his face.

He shoots a look at Jaehyun, who gets the signal. After Jaehyun leaves to go meet with Taeyong, Mark walks over to the younger boy with a couple more towels.

"It's four-thirty in the morning, and I got your confirmation for finishing the mission almost four hours ago. What were you doing?"

The boy rolls his eyes. "I met Seventeen on the way and decided to help them out. I was bored, okay? Back off Mark."