❀21❀

"I didn't mean to make you cry."

"Next up, we have our fighting test—"

"We won't reveal rankings to you—"

Around two hours later, at eight in the morning, they're finally at the last test—leadership. It's the most boring test out of them all. Honestly, Taeyong only does this type of test so he can get his work done a little faster. Jaehyun doesn't object because a happier Taeyong is an easier life as a subunit leader.

"I've got eight copies of my paperwork that you're doing. You have an hour max. Accuracy and time-taken matter the most."

Well, let's just say that Yangyang, Lucas, and Hendery all fell asleep midway. When they were answering Kun, who didn't have to do this test, the three leaders all facepalmed.

"We threw our copies into the fireplace and slept."

Hwara didn't really care, and just finished it. To be honest, Hwara didn't really know what she was doing. She just viewed some of them as a math problem and used her phone's calculator. For the others, she wrote about something random like chickens.

While they wait for Xiajun to finish up, Hwara gets a phone call from Mark.

Incoming Call from ⚓️이갈매기⚓️

She sighs, accepting the call.

"Your brother's gone missing."

***

A little while earlier, back when Jisung was still talking to Sungchan, Jisung asked Sungchan a question.

"You're all trying to teach her emotions, right? Since it's closer to her eighteenth birthday?"

Sungchan nodded his head. He took a seat on a chair next to Jisung's desk as Jisung sat on his bed.

"I'll try to help too."

Sungchan looked at the boy, slightly confused. How could he possibly help? "Why?"

Jisung looked down at his hands. He himself didn't understand why he thought he could help. Maybe it's because he understood her nonexistent feelings easily just by looking at her body language, something she could barely comprehend on her own.

"I just feel like I can. I-It's hard to explain."

Sungchan just nodded his head. "Go ahead. She's your roommate anyway."

Sungchan then took his exit, immediately walking over to Mark. Taeyong and Jaehyun should be taking a break right now.

A couple of minutes later, Mark, Jaehyun, Taeyong, and Sungchan all end up in a meeting room together. Sungchan tells Taeyong what Jisung had just asked to do.