❀55❀

"How did I get here?"

Picking up her suitcase, the tall woman walks stiffly, holding herself tall with a sense of innate pride

Picking up her suitcase, the tall woman walks stiffly, holding herself tall with a sense of innate pride. Her regal movements only allude to her strict upbringing, signaling the importance of her status.

"Name?" the security staff at the airport asks, checking with the passport in his hand. Her cold eyes land on the guard before she opens her mouth.

"Dong Chenyuan."

Her accent is easy to spot, intonation less natural as she's never lived here before. Most of her broken Korean was taught her by her older brother, her other half that she hasn't seen in months.

Walking out of the airport, she easily spots the car meant to take her to the base of NCT, quickening her pace while trying not to seem suspicious in the daylight. Taking a seat in the passenger's seat, she finally removes her sunglasses before giving a small smile to the driver, one that she quickly drops.

Finally, the girl closes her eyes, knowing that the day ahead of her is not an easy one.

She snaps her eyes wide open when the car jerks to a stop, seeing the quiet mansion in front of her. This isn't what I remember the NCT mansion looking like.

"Where are we?"

"NCT's second base. Please, go in."

The girl nods her head, immediately grabbing her things before knocking on the front door of the mansion. On the other side, the youngest members of WayV freeze hearing the sound on the door. Armed and cautiously, albeit loud, they walk up to the door and quickly open it, letting out a sigh of breath at the familiar face.

"Chenyuan!" they both yell, the familiar name echoing throughout the house due to Yangyang and Hendery.

Immediately, the rest of WayV rush up to the door, pulling Chenyuan inside. Quickly, the girl is tackled onto the floor in hugs, knocking the air out of her lungs.

"Guys...I can't....breath—"

In seconds, everyone pulls away from her, laughing as she finally takes a gulp of air. Flashing everyone a smile, it drops just as quickly before she sighs. "As much as I want to see the sights, I need to do my job."

The rest of the members nod their heads. They have a lot to do—almost everyone is training or calling in reinforcements, trying to get shipments in faster so they have the resources. Sicheng motions for his sister to follow him, and they both walk up the stairs into a guest room Sungchan told him to use. 

"What did the system say about the bargain?"

Chenyuan lets out a yawn, taking a seat on the bed. "They're still deciding, still one hour left before I get the answer."

Sicheng hands her some tea, which she happily accepts. Chenyuan, just like her brother, is a Gifted—a black witch at that. She's also an unofficial member of NCT, helping out whenever they need supernatural assistance or backing, like now.